“Great local suburban food”

Soul Fish Cafe - Poplar Avenue
Ranked #11 of 1,673 Restaurants in Memphis
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Excellent food, great friendly service in a lovely ambience setting. Recommend the Telupia fish. Good local wine by the glass.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Love Soul Fish Cafe. The catfish plate is excellent and a safe choice here. I like to pair it with Mac-n-cheese and fries. I’m not a hush puppy kind of girl but my husband thinks they are pretty good.

The blackened shrimp po-boy is amazing. The bread is perfectly baked French bread and the lettuce and tomato is so fresh. The remoulade is a bit lacking, too much mayo so I only use their tarter sauce.

Try the fish tacos too! The flour tortillas are homemade. And the tacos are huge! You won’t be disappointed.

And if they have fried green tomatoes they aren’t too shabby.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We were visiting Memphis, where my husband grew up and my sister-in-law asked me what I wanted to eat. We said catfish, so she said the best was Soul Fish and she certainly was right. The catfish was the best I have ever had and my husband loved the hush puppies, so much that he took them home on the airplane. He said the hush puppies were still good after the long trip to California.

The desserts are also good and big enough to share.

2  Thank Eve S
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Best fried catfish ever. Collard greens were fantastic. Finished the meal off with the best strawberry cake ever. Highly recommended.

1  Thank KINJAMYHAZ
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I'm still thinking about the fried catfish poboy. And I learned a new trick for the sweet potato fries I make at home (cinnamon!). Nice casual atmosphere, quick and friendly service. Wish I lived here so I could try everything on the menu.

1  Thank Elizabeth K

Been to Soul Fish Cafe - Poplar Avenue? Share your experiences!