“Wonderful Food at a Great Price”

Soul Fish Cafe - Poplar Avenue
Ranked #11 of 1,630 Restaurants in Memphis
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We were visiting Memphis, where my husband grew up and my sister-in-law asked me what I wanted to eat. We said catfish, so she said the best was Soul Fish and she certainly was right. The catfish was the best I have ever had and my husband loved the hush puppies, so much that he took them home on the airplane. He said the hush puppies were still good after the long trip to California.

The desserts are also good and big enough to share.

2  Thank Eve S

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Best fried catfish ever. Collard greens were fantastic. Finished the meal off with the best strawberry cake ever. Highly recommended.

1  Thank KINJAMYHAZ
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I'm still thinking about the fried catfish poboy. And I learned a new trick for the sweet potato fries I make at home (cinnamon!). Nice casual atmosphere, quick and friendly service. Wish I lived here so I could try everything on the menu.

1  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch with some work associates. I ordered the 3 piece catfish plate with 2 sides of collard greens and mac n cheese. The fish was great as usual and sides are delicious. Hush puppies are awesome too. Ive Been here three times and always have good meal. Parking is very limited especially at lunch time. Will be back soon as possible.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The shrimp poboy is hands down the best I have ever had . Including the ones in New Orleans. Alway good service. The sides are always so good as well , makes it hard to pick only one :)

1  Thank MrsRRP

Been to Soul Fish Cafe - Poplar Avenue? Share your experiences!