“Great meal ”
Review of McEwen's On Monroe

McEwen's On Monroe
Reserve with OpenTable
McEwen's On Monroe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,549 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2ND & MONROE
Transit: Main Street Trolley stop is less than half block from restaurant entrance. Trolley stop located at Monroe and Mid America Mall.
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This was only a couple blocks from the Peabody hotel so we decided to give it a try. Glad we did. Not a very big place but comfortable. Our server was timely and helpful. We started with appetizer of assorted cheese, nice variety. >We had a decent bottle of wine and I had the Oso buco, that was rich and large portion, I couldn't finish and disappointed I couldn't take it with me, my problem, we left for home early next day. My wife had the grilled lamb sirloin and loved it.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on Saturday night and had a great meal and perfect service. The owner was present to visit and make sure everything was good.

We did a cheese board and 3 small plates: beef tenderloin sliders (2 with pimiento cheese and grilled onions), short rib pasta, and fried green tomatoes. All amazing. The cheese board came with/ olives, seasoned pecans, purple Hull pea humus, crackers and 3 cheeses.

There is a really good wine selection by the glass (5 Chardonnay choices for example priced between $7-$13). Our meal with 3 glasses of wine and tip was right at $100. We will return.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Great local spot with excellent service. Everyone was very friendly. Enjoyed the lunch fish tacos and grilled tuna. Would highly recommend to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Great small plates. Go with friends and order several to share. Prices very reasonable for the services and quality.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

McEwans was recommend by our hotel, which was only 10 minutes walk away. We sat at the bar by choice and were well looked after by the bartender. Beer and wine were both reasonably priced and the wine was a good measure for a change! We are 2 small plates each, including a very tasty beef and broccoli soup. I enjoyed the crab cakes, but the stand out was the confit duck with beans. However, my partner would argue with me that his lobster risotto won the contest! Overall, not a cheap meal, but worth every penny and we would happily recommend.

Been to McEwen's On Monroe? Share your experiences!