All reviews hospitality management central ave suite hotel great breakfast buffet liberty bowl nice hotel sitting area would stay again living room location was perfect founded lobby microwave couch inns desk conference
Reviewed 5 May 2018

While I was returning home from work, my car ran out of gas right in front of the hotel. It was storming outside and the sun had just gone down. Despite being incredibly busy with a teachers' convention the young man behind the desk (and also a lovely young woman) along with a campus/hotel officer did everything they could to assist me while I waiting for roadside assistance. They even helped organize outside help to have someone grab a gas can and get gas for me since I was going to be stuck there another two hours. As a former hospitality worker, I can tell you that the front desk is insanely hard and also very rewarding work. Thank you for your help, and I will be recommending your hotel in the future!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Overall the room was clean and nice but the wifi was terrible. I had about half strength in the room and it kept cutting in and out. I also was not a huge fan of the layout of the rooms.... So much wasted space in the sitting area that could help make the room feel much larger and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Hi Amelia A,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with WiFi connection and the layout of our room. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn on Central Ave. is a popular meeting place for Alumni, Clubs, Small Conventions, & other groups. Open Lobby area decor is unique, airy, & inviting.

The Facility is well designed, with escalators & elevators handy to the Convention Center, Banquet Hall, Meeting Rooms, & Vendor Areas. It also serves as the training ground for the University of Memphis’ Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality & Resort Management Program.

The Holiday Inn Chain was founded in Memphis in 1952 by Mr. Wilson. Hundreds of photographs are displayed in The Kemmons Wilson Gallery, along with other interesting memorabilia.

The Medallion Restaurant is another amenity.

Plenty of free convenient Parking is provided.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Angela at the front desk of this Very lovely Holiday Inn - made our stay wonderful . She went beyond the call of duty to help me out in many different ways . Always polite and friendly, and greeting us by name every time we entered or exited the building just a true delight. I can not speak more highly of this woman ! Thank you Angela you are a saint .

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a different Holiday Inn. The franchise is owned by the University of Memphis, located right across the street [Central Ave.], which uses the hotel for their Hospitality Management program. [Students in blue uniforms will be seen on occasion, as they rotate through the various positions in the hotel.] The proximity to the university is great for those attending events there -- we went to a concert literally right across the street. Since Memphis was where the Holiday Inn chain was invented in 1952, there is an interesting museum about founder Kemmons Wilson in the 2nd floor lobby spaces. All rooms are two-room suites; something which usually costs a considerable higher price, with a microwave, refrigerator, sink, and a tv in the "living room." Excellent beds. Restaurant is decent -- their breakfast [not included in room price] was very good and quite reasonable

Room tip: Ask about any coming loud events--probably avoid the 3rd floor.
Date of stay: January 2018