All reviews free laundry full size fridge room was clean kitchen area home away from home living room safe location great place to stay memphis area front desk staff definitely stay here again king bed yogurt staff was very friendly and helpful hayes benihana lb
Reviewed 27 April 2015

I love this place. I was in a spacious room, watching Hector and the Search for Happiness (movie is great) on the DVD player in the comfy bed with fluffy pillows. The staff, shout outs to Lois and Hayes, are genial, helpful, genuine, etc. The room is way bigger than I expected, bigger than a room I had at a resort. It didn't feel like they tried to fit in all the suite furniture in a space too small to accommodate it like in some other hotels. I am so glad the Hilton was full. The prices are better and the room was big enough to entertain friends, not that I did!

I was waiting on a package and Lois called me to let me know it arrived before UPS informed me via text.

The breakfast buffet is generous and appealing and vast. Ripe cut and whole fruit, many types of yogurt, French toast, etc. And they are so clever there are to-go bags for those who need them (you may have to ask for utensils). The selections of meat and breakfast breads change daily.

You don't quite have to play chicken getting across the street to the Hilton, but be careful.

Restaurants (local and chain), Target, a public library branch, Whole Foods and Kroger, and cheaper gas are within 10 minutes drive. You can walk to Benihana and a movie theater/restaurant where you can see the latest independent films.

The only cons I can think of are that smokers congregate outside the entrance and this is a pet friendly chain. However, even with my serious allergies, the room feels dander-free.

I haven't been to happy hour and I wish I could. Food, drink and fun are promised.

Room tip: If you have pet allergies, make sure you tell staff to clean the room well or give you a pet-free room, if there are any.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Dear travel42work - We love our fans! I am glad you are now one of them. I will have to check out Hector and the Search for Happiness since you say it is great. It is great to know that you were able to enjoy it in your room. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast, location, staff, etc. We obviously did not disappoint. We hope you will stay with us again and not the Hilton :). Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 April 2015

what a wonderful warm welcome we received from the lovely staff,stayed here for 2 nights on a stopover to new orleans,beautiful hotel with everything you need,nothing was too much trouble really beautiful king suite,wished we could have stayed longer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2015

Dear 837kazza - I wish you could have stayed longer as well. I am glad you really enjoyed your stay even if for only two nights. It is great to know our guests think of us as fantastic. I also hope you enjoyed your time in New Orleans as well as any other time you spent in the states. If you are ever back this way, please come back and visit again. Best regard, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Very friendly hotel personnel. Down home feeling. Great breakfast. Great location. Shuttle service available is great asset. Room clean and enjoyable. Easy to get to from the interstate. Close to shops and eating establishments.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Roger R - Even though for a stopover, I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel from the breakfast down to the staff. I am ghappy you were able to enjoy the amenities and take advantage of the complimentary shuttle. If you are ever back this way, please come back and stay again. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

stayed here durning the memorial day weekend. we had a great time not to busy. the pool was great. we used the BBQ grills and was helped to light and they were clean. the room was great. we cooked and really enjoyed it the drive to Beale st about 20 mins and the zoo about 30 -45 min drive all was good.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Shakazi - I am glad that you chose to stay with us over the Memorial Day weekend and were able to grill out at the hotel. It is good to know that our staff was there to help you out with that. I hope you enjoyed your time in Memphis and your visit to Beale St. Please come back and visit again if you are ever back in Memphis. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.

Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

This was very nice and roomy, everyone there was very sweet and helpful. We went to 16 different states and this place was are favorite out of all.
Also there breakfast and help was wonderful. If we go to Memphis again I'm pretty sure we will be staying here again.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor R

Dear Trevor R - To be the best place out of 16 states is quite the compliment. I am happy that everyone was sweet and helpful. I would expect nothing less from our staff. We do hope you would come back and visit us again if you were ever back in Memphis. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Best regards, Jonathan Mulroy, General Manager.