All reviewspub foodsteak piesomerled squaretown squarehaggissalmonstayed here for one nightisle of skyeearplugsscotland
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We liked the Isles Inn and I'd stay there again. It wasn't fancy or hoity toity, or even super clean. It's in an old building, that isn't plumb any more, but it's comfy, the staff is pleasant and helpful and the food was good down to earth pub grub. If you want a 5 star experience, I'm sure the rest of us (and the staff) won't miss you.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
islesinn, Owner at The Isles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thankyou for your review I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we shall see you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I popped in for a pint.

Good locally brewed beer, slightly over chilled.

I didn't eat so can't comment of quality or price.

Had a nice chat with friendly locals. The staff were efficient and polite, but not over welcoming (but to be fair they were busy).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We didn't eat or stay here so wouldn't comment on that, but the Skye-brewed ales are very good - and so they should be at prices that would make a London publican blush. £4.90 per pint for beer brewed locally redefines the word "overpriced". There is no excuse for it, even in a gloomy tourist trap like Portree. If you have that kind of money to spare, hop in a taxi and get over to the Stein Inn where a better pint will cost you about £1.50 a pint less.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malcolm C
islesinn, Manager at The Isles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thankyou for leaving us a review, obviously you cannot comment on our food or accommodation as you didn't stay here, I presume you went around the rest of the pubs in portree and found that we are actually one of the cheapest. The stein inn is 40 minutes away by car. We also do not, unfortunately, buy direct from the brewery as we are a tied pub, which reflects our prices.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

There is no service, the waiters are confused and slow, food took long time to get. Not a cozy place where you feel welcomed. Took home made burger - oily onion rings, burned beef and bread. Bad business.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott P
islesinn, Manager at The Isles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

I am sorry you did not enjoy your food, a burger is normally 20 minutes, this probably feels like a long time whilst you are waiting but everything is home-made and cooked to order. You state that there is no service and then mention the waiters so it is me that is confused and I can only apologise if the waiters were not attentive enough for you, in busy periods they try to help everyone. If you had mentioned something to us, at the time, regarding your food, it might have helped resolve any problem.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

The room we stayed in was the worst I have ever stayed in! Its 1970s decor was far from popular shabby chique, just plain shabby! candy stripe bedding, red nylon curtains over a window facing a wall, no decorative decor at all and a very old shower cubicle made being in this room very depressing. In its favour was a very good cleaner who madethe stay tolerable. The actual pub is nice, good food, staff and atmosphere

Room Tip: Not room 4
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 514lesleyw
islesinn, Manager at The Isles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thankyou for leaving us a review and I am sorry that you didn't like our décor, to be fair we cant please everyone and we actually think its rather nice. We don't have nylon curtains, although we do have velvet ones, that room doesn't have a view I'm afraid, but its an old building and the window has been there for nearly two hundred years, so we cant really move it. Pleased you enjoyed our housekeeping staff and delighted you thought the pub, staff, food and atmosphere were nice. I believe you stayed three nights, what a shame you never mentioned anything.