“Exceptional, unexpected”

Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Stornoway
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I love Scotland and had lots of great dining experiences in Scotland, but this one stands out among the best. I didn’t expect to find, in a small place like Stornoway, on the Outer Hebrides, to find such an excellent restaurant in the same hotel we were staying in. The kitchen was obviously managed by a chef who takes pride in presenting great food, with great attention to detail, and little extra touches. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We wanted to have a special meal to celebrate 40 years together and we found it at The Solas. The staff were welcoming and helpful, the setting and atmosphere pleasant. The food was beautifully presented and of a high standard. Good value, too.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Food was perfect, service was perfect, staff bent over backwards to accommodate us, and was such a lovely evening

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit as part of an extended weekend in Lewis. Lovely hotel, restaurant had a good choice of menu, well presented by friendly staff. If you are staying in Stornoway or the surrounding area then I would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank Derek Y
Reviewed 28 May 2018

My friend and I were staying in a self catering house in Stornoway and decided to go out for our final meal, to this hotel in walking distance of our accommodation.

On arrival it was a lot fancier than it looked from outside.

The menu had a range of prices, big bites and light bites. We found something to suit our palate and our budget.

I had Tempura Prawns with a sweet sauce, which were delicious, my friend had the haddock and chips. I also had a side dish of Rocket and Parmesan. All were served quickly.

The blue Harris Gin bottles on the table, and the Harris Tweed upholstery were nice local touches, appreciated by us.

The waiters were very efficient. We would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank scottishlassie64