Wildings Hotel & Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat foodextensive menuvisited wildingssmall harbourmany occasionsquality of food servedwould recommend a visitpateset menuhave eaten heretempura prawnsturnberry golfhidden gemwarm welcomelovely hotelhigh standardspecials
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Recently spent a lovely weekend at Wilding where as always the food was excellent - choosing what to eat being the biggest challenge. We had a lovely spacious room with an unforgettable views around the bay. Even managed to enjoy some sunshine!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room although the back rooms are also very comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Ive have done a separate review for the restaurant and did include some info on the room but did so as I wasnt entirely sure the Wildings was also listed as a hotel with TA. Anyway no need to talk food as its all in my previous review which was extremely positive. The hotel is only a small place but beautifully located and with a sea view looking out onto a small harbour very nice indeed. The staff are very attentive and pleasant and what I love about this place (my second visit) is the fact there is none of that "we need a credit card" nonsense which unfortunately most major hotels do these days. I completely understand this BTW But I always find places like The Wildings are a refreshing change and much more trusting / personal. The place is spotlessly clean and well appointed. The room I stayed in (Room 2) was huge with a great sea view. A couple of minor issues that need a mention firstly the shower pressure is very poor, which I will mention upon check out so they can hopefully resolve. For one night ( and one shower) it did the job but if I was staying for a longer period it would have been an issue. The pressure did resemble a watering can,whether this was the time I was showering (7:30am) and others using the water Im unsure but it does need attention. The other very minor issue would be a lack of biscuits to go with the nice selection of teas/ coffees in the room. TV channels are basic but Im guessing thats normal up in these parts, again didn't spoil my stay but a longer visit it may have. I would recommend staying here especially as the food (sorry I had to mention) is very good indeed. I noticed a few reviews about the food that are not as complimentary as mine some even mentioned the fact that the menu needs a change? Not sure why as there is plenty to choose from. All food I ate was very well executed, yes not huge portions BUT if you do have a starter, main & dessert there is more than enough. Well done The Wildings

Room Tip: Room 2 great view huge sized room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank davidmlowe
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I went along for a family meal. The welcome host was not very welcoming! The table was nice and clean. The menu caters for most people. The service was quick and slick. The food itself was nice but the portions have shrunk since previous visits. While I would not put anyone off visiting Wildings I will be in no hurry back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Great food, great staff and great value. We visited for my wife's parents 70th birthday and we're very happy with the whole experience.
We had some fussy eaters in our party but not one had any complaints or problems with selecting off of the set menu.
I've eaten here on several occasions and always eat here rather than in the hotel at Turnberry.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I have visited Wildings on many occasions and I am always very happy. The surrounding are great and has nice views out to the bay. All staff are very pleasant. There are plenty of staff on at any one time, as the restaurant is very busy and pretty much full all the time everything feels under control. The food comes out in a timely fashion and is of a very high standard. Can't recommend it enough.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family