“Quaint pub and restaurant”

The Bothy Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere. Went just before 8 and were informed we had just made it in time for a meal as they stop serving at 8. Asked if they had any salads and was told they only had salmon and prawn salad so ordered something else however the waitress returned to say the chef could make me a ham salad which I did and it was lovely. Large portions and great service,meals served in the conservatory and the bar. Bar a bit small but quaint and really friendly and helpful staff. Great selection of drinks and real ales,if you want to drink at their outside seating next to the locks bar staff give you plastic glasses. Great location and well worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Called into The Bothy following our boat trip on Loch Ness. The place was busy but we were seated within 10 minutes. I had the Cullin Skink & my wife had a cheese toasty. Both dishes were very nicy & tasty and served quickly. Yes, they did seem to want people in and out as soon as possible but, given how popular The Bothy is, this is hardly surprising. All-in-all, an enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings with friendly and efficient staff. Well recommended.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The staff refused to accommodate 13 people... We virtually had to negotiate tables and ended up on separate tables. Adding one chair took a while too. The staff looks tired or are they arrogant? The food is average!

1  Thank Ghislaine B
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Paid £5.95 for 4 small mushrooms with a bit of blue cheese on, albiet tasty but a major rip off. My main of steak pie was fine, my wife had haggis with boiled potatoes? Haggis should be served with mash in our opinion. Basically they could serve up anything they like because it's a captive audience and an endless supply of tourists. Shame really as it's a nice pub. Be interesting to see how they do in the winter.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We chose this restaurant because it was almost right across the street from our B&B. An excellent choice, as it turned out. The food was good and the atmosphere was just what we were hoping for. We sat near the bar in the pub-like half of the restaurant, which was nice and lively. I enjoyed the smokey-chicken and my wife loved the herring. The service was excellent.