All reviewsusing locally sourced producebeer garden isrelaxing weekend breakserved by friendlyafter midnightshutterscleanlinessnoisebedaccommodationdogscotland
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights in April 2018. From the friendly welcome (hi Suzie) and the very pleasing attitude from all the staff we would have no hesitation in recommending this place. Food is reasonable both in price and quality similarly for the drink prices at the bar along with a great selection of single malt whiskies. Only drawback is the lack of onsite car parking but there is a large car park a short distance away

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank rccec821317
Reviewed 16 March 2018

A very warm welcome from the staff, apartment was spot on - spacious, well decorated/appointed and spotless. Shutters on the windows made for a great sleep. Being dog friendly was a big plus. Only downside, was a little expensive especially as breakfast was extra.
Would visit again.

Room Tip: All rooms on first floor.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

As soon as we arrived the welcome was fantastic. Bob the owner came to greet us and an envelope was inserted in the diary with my name on. The room/appartment was superb very clean and tidy. Bottles of water included in the room along with coffee ,tea,biscuits. The hob and sink, under which the crockery was placed in a cupboard, was very clean and with toaster and pans above on a shelf. The bar was lively but not noisy.We had booked dinner and meal was lovely. Bed was extremely comfy. So much so we have booked for Christmas!!!

Room Tip: We only saw Bluebell but guessing all rooms equally good, varying in size. We didnt hear any noise as bar was open later that night.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Tower whilst attending a wedding at the nearby Glenturret Distillery. The website makes the venue look much better and the initial impact is disappointing. However the accommodation was comfortable and the bed excellent. The bar was lively but we heard no noise once we retired to bed. Breakfast in the morning was excellent.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I had booked a surprise trip for my boyfriend to Crieff and had been looking at recommended pubs for a meal for our first night there.

We are not locals, we live in Edinburgh, which will become important in a minute. I noticed a voucher on the pub website which claimed that on production of the voucher, two main meals could be purchased and you could receive a bottle of wine, up to the price of £16 free of charge. We're both saving just now and so were delighted to find this deal.

We were pretty hacked off when the manager told us that the deal didn't apply to us because we hadn't cut it out of the local newspaper. That would have been an impossibility given that we are tourists here and had just arrived a couple of hours beforehand. Well - I would highly recommend that you remove the reference to the voucher from your website as it's clearly only for locals.

Why would you state that the online voucher (which I screenshotted) can be produced, when this is not true? This didn't impress me, especially as I had booked the table a while back and was really looking forward to it.

We both ordered burgers - mine was spicy, and believe me - I adore spicy food. The waiter assured me that it wasn't that bad and that he'd tell the chef not to make it as spicy.

I don't think he got the memo. I could hardly eat half of the burger. Disappointing as it looked great.

My boyfriend's Balmoral Burger was also pretty dry.

Sorry to say that the voucher thing spoilt it for me.

However - I would say this, the bar is great and enjoyed the live music. Seriously - ditch the mention of the voucher from your website as it makes no sense to display it online and then demand it to be cut out of the local newspaper - which I couldn't have known or purchased having come from Edinburgh. This will surely put tourists off!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Liam G, Head Chef at The Tower Gastro Pub - Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our offer. It clearly states that the offer is on production of a Voucher from a local free magazine or guests staying at The Tower. We made no mention of it being available with a Screenshot off a phone. With regard to your comments on the burgers you should have made a comment on the night. Our burgers are our top selling dishes and we rarely get a complaint regarding them. Our staff do inform diners that The Tower Inferno Burger is VERY HOT. As you are also advised on the menu as follows - The Tower Inferno – Cajun beef patty, sliced jalapenos, cheese and homemade chilli jam (VERY HOT)

Regards