All reviews kerry and andy pool and hot tub safari tent naturist resort spent two days other guests excellent facilities sun loungers camping trip bell tent following morning on arrival good size high standard cooked breakfast warm welcome dawn
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I was looking for a naturist resort in the UK and found Rivendell. I also wanted to visit the Tank Museum at Bovington for some time and, combined with my birthday, this seemed an auspicious time to go.
We arrived on Friday and had a warm welcome from Kerry and Andy and were shown to our room. It wasn't the largest room we have had but was adequate for our needs.
The following morning we had the continental breakfast which was more than enough to keep us going for a few hours. Later that morning we went to the Tank Museum which was very interesting, especially the Great War tanks that I have a special interest in.
In the afternoon we returned to Rivendell and although it wasn't really warm enough to go completely naked we did use the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi. We also met a couple who will be in Crete later in the year when we are.
We didn't eat at Rivendell in the evenings but went to different pubs on all three days. The meals we had in them were all good.
On the Sunday the weather was good so we just lazed around for the day - mostly naked. It was a wonderful way to spend my birthday.
We will definitely be back, not sure when, even if it is a tent.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaldicotCouple
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Having read a lot about this venue and decided as were going to be in the nearby area to book into a B&B room for one night - glad we did.

We were not disappointed, the staff were attentive and friendly. Our room, though small was beautiful presented and everything you needed was there.

The breakfast that was included was continental, consisting of cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast/bread etc and was more than adequate for our needs. Apparently you could order a cooked breakfast if required. We also decided to have our evening meal on site which was freshly prepared. The dinner menu was small, well priced and the food tasty.

There properly is on a good sized piece of land which is well tendered. There is a small lake and stream running through which are lovely to walk around.

The resort not only has the B&B rooms, but also a couple of safari tents and bell tents, which one can also rent. There were caravans on site, but not sure if they were for rent or what.

There is a covered and heated pool along with Jacuzzi/spa and sauna, complimented with a big paved area with sun loungers, chairs and table making it a super area to chill out, catch the sun or have a drink from the bar

The Sauna deserves a special mention it is awesome and as you look out the window over the lake we have a beautiful view to feast your eyes while you sweat it out.

The site is clothing optional, to enjoy it as it's best, clothing is not an option!

Sadly there was no steam room, had there been one it would have upped the resort from excellent to superb!

1  Thank Spink11
oliviasY9116GB, General Manager at Rivendell Clothing Optional Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

We thank you for your kind words on Rivendell , As you see we try to keep Rivendell at its best for all to enjoy as always
As pointed out Rivendell is clothing Optional and as always naturists are welcome but taking your cloths off is not compulsory and can be enjoyed just as much clothed .
As for the steam room we do not think it necessary to have a steam room as we have provided a heated outdoor pool Jacuzzi and top of the range sauna that more than boasts value for money as well as a well maintained 8.5 acres of roaming space
We also Hire out Caravans Safari Tents Bell tents Double and single rooms all fully serviced
Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Friendly greeting on arrival from Kerry who showed us around the site and facilities. Stayed in one of the bell tents which had all of the equipment you could need on a clamping holiday. Lovely comfy bed which was a welcome addition to the tent. Pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained and it is very evident that there has been a significant investment in the site. Andy works hard to maintain the grounds which were amazing and we enjoyed a nice walk though them. it is very clear that both Kerry and Andy are very interested creating and maintaining high standards for their guests and full credit to them for this. Thank you both for a lovely stay. Jay and Sharon

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank speedwaygonzales
Reviewed 26 March 2018

GOOD:
1. The owners make it extra special. Warm, accomodating, friendly, making the stay even more relaxing in the already tranquil environment. I felt at home and very welcome.
2. Food. I thought the meals would be just 'bare minimum' given the scale of this place, and the few guests who were in during my stay. Couldn't be more wrong. I ordered my first meal (dinner) just to fill my stomach, but on subsequent days I looked forward to dining. Special mention of the full English breakfast, pie and sandwiches.

NOT SO GOOD:
1. Lack of an independent heater for the swimming pool. It was cold (1-10 degC) and I was looking forward to a swim but wasn't able to do so. Might be better in the warmer months.
2. Perhaps can't be helped, but lack of guests on the property whilst I was there. Would have appreciated some company and conversation. I hope this review will encourage more people, naturist or not, to take a holiday or even just a weekend stay here, I almost guarantee you'll want to come back.

Room tip: If you're used to hotels like me, the B&B rooms are excellent. If you're into camping, the tents are excellent as well.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kenny Z
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We chose this resort not because we are naturists but because we do like being able to have saunas, jacuzzis and swim without soggy bathing gear. The whole place has been recently updated to a very high standard. The sauna in particular is beautiful - large, hot (of course) with a large window at the end looking out over the countryside.
It snowed heavily while we were there so there wasn't much sunbathing in the extensive grounds but we did sit in the jacuzzi as the snow fell.
We were looked after very well by Andy and Kerry who were very friendly and attentive.
The breakfast room / dining room is a huge light conservatory with underfloor heating and a log burner in the corner - just a really nice place to be. As walkers we were able to walk out directly along footpaths and brideways across National Trust heaths and forests without taking the car which was a big bonus. There's a great pub (The Old Inn) a few miles walk away where we went for an excellent Sunday lunch.

Date of stay: March 2018