“Lovely lunch with a friend.”
Review of Pickled Ginger

Pickled Ginger
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Bridport
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a week day lunch with a friend here. We both had the fish and chips with crushed peas....which was lovely. My friend had been before but it was my first time. Definitely going back.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I've walked past this place for several years and surprisingly only made my first visit with friends a few days ago. It's hard to fault it really. I chose fish casserole from the specials board, which was simply exceptional. I'd love the recipe! Just really excellent fish and seafood. Plentiful and perfectly cooked. My friends were all very happy with their choices too. Service was impeccable - friendly and welcoming without being overly attentive - i like restaurants where i don't feel i'm being observed constantly, and prefer a more relaxed form of service. The restaurant itself has a nice intimate and cosy feel, I had the sense that everyone was just very involved in enjoying being there, and weren't consciously 'on their best behaviour' or speaking in hushed tones. It felt like going round to a friend's home and just having a really relaxed and fun time. Can't think of any negatives. Well done!

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

A warm friendly welcome from the moment we arrived. Sunday roast excellent. Would highly recommend. But you will need to book as a small busy restaurant.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Amazing lunch in Bridport... Pickled Ginger on High Street... short lunch menu... lots of fresh fish... we had beautiful sea bass, tiger prawns and chilli stir fry and a brilliant twist on traditional chowder... scrummy light sticky toffee pudding... great coffee... decent wine and *beck's blue ... *fabulous find.. great food and lovely service 5 *'s.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

The Pickled Ginger is a small friendly family run place in Bridport who serve excellent food and wine we will definitely be going there again