Free cancellation until 02/08
US$141
Dunluce House(Dawlish)
Agoda.com
Radfords(Dawlish)
All reviewsself cateringbreakfast roomanchor pointpuffin suitetrain spottingtrain stationbreakfast was amazingwith great sea viewsincluding gluten freeslept like logspancakes with maple syruptea coffee hot chocolatelovely family run businessreal milkbay watchmost comfortable hotel beda ground floor room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fantastic few days staying here. Location is great. Really close to the sea front and the station and a stones throw from the shops. The room was really clean, warm and comfortable with plenty of room. Breakfast was amazing. Loads of choice which was cooked to perfection served in the breakfast room which overlooks the sea. Would highly recommend and will definitely be returning in the future.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I had a great weekend, excellent breakfast, very healthy options . spacious room great views of the coast and trains.

Dogs welcome. The owners were very welcoming and willing to please I will certainly return when I can. Dawlish beaches are very dog friendly and there are very good bus and rail links just outside.
Lots of restaurants and small shops nearby.
Very attractive gardens to walk around and admire the wildfowl

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I stayed at the Blenheim last week, with my Mum and my 10 year old daughter. We arrived by train, and the Blenheim is literally five minutes walk from the station. We arrived at 11.15 and although check-in is not officially til 12, they had our room ready for us as I had telephoned earlier. Two keys are provided for the room and the hotel, so you can come and go as you please.

We had a ground floor room due to mobility issues and as we needed a family room, we couldn't have the one with the sea view, but we saw it being cleaned and it was a lovely room.

Our room was number 3, The Hideaway. It had a double and a single bed in it, and a small kitchenette in one corner, comprising a sink, fridge, small hob/oven, microwave, kettle and toaster. We were booked in for B&B, so didn't cook anything, but the facilities were great, just for being able to bring back a takeaway cream tea and have plates and cutlery. It was also great to have the fridge so that we could buy real milk for our drinks. The room was clean and tidy and airy with a very high ceiling. Nice bedding, blankets provided too.

Plenty of refreshments are provided. On arrival we found biscuits and mints, which were much appreciated. There were loads of teabags, along with hot chocolate and coffee, sugar and uht milk. This was amply replenished the following day too.

The room was spacious, along with the beds there were two armchairs, and a dining table and 3 chairs. It did not feel cramped in any way. The beds were comfortable, if a little low for us. The room is perfectly set up for self catering, and you can enquire on how much that would cost. I presume that some services would not be available if you were self catering. They are hot on recycling, with a basket provided to put cardboard, paper etc in, and a compost caddy for teabags and food.

We had towels galore, the beds were made up each day. The bathroom had a good shower and soap and shower gel and plenty of toilet roll. The ensuite was actually just outside the main room, but still self contained to that room, with a little hallway behind the very first lockable door, that the bedroom and bathroom doors lead off of.

There is a road directly behind this room, we could hear some traffic, mainly due to a manhole cover, but it was not enough to disturb you or keep you awake. The train line obviously passes nearby and you could feel this on occasion, but again not a problem. I always give an honest review so did not want to leave this out, but it was not enough to stop us wanting to book the same room again.

The breakfast room is light and airy, very well decorated. The breakfast was fantastic, there was so much choice, and it was freshly cooked to order. It was all so tasty. You can stay self catering, and have breakfast for £6 per person if you want. There is juice, cereals, toast, breakfast bars, fruit, and a variety of fry ups. There was also vegetarian and gluten free. My daughter loved the pancakes with maple syrup and my mum loved the bagel with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. I had a full fry up and it was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had.

The staff and hosts were all so friendly and chatty. It was really a delight to stay there and we can't wait to go back again.

The B&B is the perfect location for wandering round Dawlish, the stream there is lovely with all the birds on it and of course the famous black swans. The train station is nearby, so you can hop on and explore other parts of the local area too, and there was a bus stop right outside, which takes you all over, including Paignton Zoo. There are lots of shops to explore, including the famous Gays Creamery with their wonderful bakery products and cream tea. We spent 2 nights, 3 days, just chilling out and wandering round at our leisure. It also helped that it was arts week on the green, so my daughter had plenty to do.

We all enjoyed our stay and my daughter can't wait to go back again. (Might have to leave my mum at home next time so me and my daughter can enjoy a sea view room :D )

Room Tip: choose a sea view room if you can
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for his birthday last week. The hotel was brilliant, lovely helpful and friendly owners and the best full English breakfast i have ever had. This hotel has prime position on Dawlish front. We had housekeeping every day too. Would definitely recommend a stay here and we shall be returning here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this beautiful B&B for my birthday. Rick and Ali were brilliant hosts and looked after us so well. We stayed in the Puffin suite at the top! The views were amazing and the bed was very comfy! It had everything we needed and more! The breakfast in the morning was delicious with great sea views! We will definitely be returning!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple