Hotels.com
Expedia
eDreams
Agoda.com
Vio.com
All reviews busy roundabout evening entertainment swimming pool town centre towels provided single room family room no lift buffet style bar meals main road full english small gym family holiday friendly hotel porridge plenty of hot water
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2022 via mobile

The staff were excellent in every way and the food was excellent too. The location of the hotel suited us as well - away from the busiest parts of St. Helier but with a nice stroll into town every day. Our first visit to Jersey did not disappoint and the Norfolk Lodge was a big part of that. Happy to recommend.

Room tip: Bus service very good around the island - worth buying a multi day pass.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2022

Best things about hotel: efficient, helpful and friendly staff, wide range of choice for breakfast, beautifully presented desserts at dinner, lovely small pool which I generally had to myself, sunny terrace, easy walking distance down into St Helier or two bus stops close by (5 and 19), comfortable bed, powerful shower, everywhere spotlessly clean. Worst thing: hotel is located on a busy roundabout so can be rather noisy if your room faces the road, depending on room location there may be quite a lot of stairs. For me the pluses outweighed the minuses.

Room tip: Try to get a room not overlooking the roundabout
Reviewed 13 September 2022 via mobile

This has to be the best 3 star hotel I’ve ever stayed at! Yes it is a little dated in the rooms and the odd floorboard creaks but how clean it is and how great the staff are outweighs everything else. Just returned from staying in room 55. ALL the staff are outstanding, special mention to Dennis. We was B&B breakfast was perfect, lots of choice from full English to continental. We didn’t have an evening meal but other guests said it was really nice. I’ve read reviews saying it’s a noisy hotel, it’s on a main roundabout and you expect noise but it’s no where near as bad as some reviews make out. If your thinking of booking please do

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager Jersey, General Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2022

Thank you for your custom and thoughtful comments regarding our AA three Star family owned hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team of staff are grateful to be recognised. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel and we hope to welcome you back at some future date. You would be most welcome here at the Norfolk Lodge.

Reviewed 26 August 2022

Given a single room downstairs Room no 7, opened the door and the smell hit me it smelled of damp, I have a breathing problem and the smell aggravated it to such an extent I could not breathe properly. I thought no way would I be able to tolerate this for 7 hours let alone 7 days. I went to the receptionist who appeared to be aware of the problem she promptly gave me a can of air freshener. 30 minutes later the receptionist and I went back to the room and the smell was worse, I asked if there was another room, she replied "no we are full up". I told her I would not stay for health reasons in that room, she appeared unconcerned, at the time she had a number of holiday makers queuing up to complain about their rooms. The hotel is old, not updated, the floors creak and the smell of damp permeates around the hotel, including the restaurant. They eventually found me a room no. 85 which was minute. It annoys me you have to pay a supplement for single occupancy, however no way could you fit a second bed or a double into these rooms, I had to walk sideways around the bed it was so narrow. I complained to a Manager and handed the comments form to him he read it and made no comment. No apology from start to finish.

Room tip: The rooms at the front are very noisy, on a main road, coaches pulling in day and overnight. People gathering outside to meet up and smoke.
Date of stay: August 2022
Manager Jersey, General Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2022

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not enjoy our hotel some weeks ago.

Regarding your inference that our hotel is perhaps not up to standard generally, we are a Circa. 100 bedroom AA three Star hotel and sit comfortably within our grade. Each year we accommodate guests for tens of thousands of bed nights with very few issues.

You booked as part of an organised group and we have received good feedback generally from group guests this season, not least because of our large comfortable public areas.

Our records show you stayed in R3 as opposed to R7. While we are not a new build hotel our hotel is regularly maintained and bedrooms are updated on a rotational basis and are in good condition. Your comment on damp is unusual in that we have no known damp source at the hotel and have had a long hot summer here in Jersey.

Being at full occupancy, we are pleased our reception team were able to offer you a bedroom move on the evening of your arrival ahead of your first night’s stay and had thought the matter was dealt with.

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback once again.

Reviewed 18 August 2022

Room 52 very clean, comfortable and spacious on the ground floor, however there are about 7 steps from the main entrance up to the reception area, which then led to our room.

Dining area well presented and supervised very professionally by Sarah. Good choice of food, both at breakfast and the evening meal, which are both buffet style apart from the hot soups and desserts which are served to the table.

Lovely indoor swimming pool that leads out to the patio where there are several sun loungers and chairs. Evening entertainment most evenings including bingo, singers, quizes and a magician!

20 minutes walk from the hotel to Liberty Square walking at a steady pace, or there
is a bus service no 5 goes into the bus station hourly and no 19 returns to the hotel from the bus station.

Iced flavoured water was a nice little complement on the reception desk after being out in the hot sunshine. Friendly staff, with special compliments to Sarah, Mary and Jeannie.

The only fault we experienced with the hotel was when a party were up and preparing to leave the hotel at 5am that they woke us up with the noise they made in their room above us and in the corridor.

Comfy seating available on the pleasant veranda, lounge and bar area, indoors and outside.

An enjoyable stay at the Norfolk Lodge which is in a nice area of St. Helier with a children's play area at the park 10 minutes walk away.

Room tip: We were happy with our room on the ground floor. Room 52
Date of stay: August 2022
Manager Jersey, General Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2022

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you liked our location and enjoyed a pleasant stay. Your feedback is appreciated.