All reviewsoutdoor poolsuperior roommini gymmillennium parktown centresteam roomrecommend this hotelexcellent hotelbar menuhalf boardleisure facilitiesplenty of choicestar hotelrestaurant staffeach eveningno air conditioningthe hotel is clean
Reviewed 27 June 2018

after winning a trip to jersey we were booked at a posh hotel in town, I wished to be moved as I did not like the look of it, and I am glad I moved,, parkng, wifi etc was amazing lovely pool and Jacuzzi,, wonderful helpful staff etc, only one thing let it down for me ( not my husband) breakfast was very sparse for me being vegan but I am sure if I had mentioned it they would have sorted it, so my fault for not asking really, all in all an ideal stay

2  Thank mikeandjo2014
ManagerJersey, Manager at Monterey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

We are delighted by your comment that you chose our hotel over a higher rated establishment and that you enjoyed your experience at our Monterey. Your comment, in particular, that our team of staff were wonderful and helpful has been very much appreciated here at the hotel.

Thank you once again and its great that you enjoyed your stay here in Jersey.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic hotel great people, great food and great service. From the people on reception to the House maids it was almost impossible to find a fault. The restaurant service was excellent and made better with the attention to detail by Sylvia and Daniela who were ever attentive.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ManagerJersey, Manager at Monterey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Our team are delighted with your kind comments and thank you for making special mention of particular members of our team. This is appreciated and it means a great deal to us here at the Monterey.

It is wonderful that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We stayed at the Monterey hotel for a week, half board (which we don’t normally do, but glad we did). It was booked via package deal with Condor ferries which included transport of our car to Jersey. It is in a good location and has a quite a big car park with plenty of spaces for guests cars.

All the staff we encountered were polite, friendly and efficient, and went out of their way to ensure my wife’s gluten free needs were meet.

Hotel is listed as three stars, but we felt that the quality of the service and food was first class, so much so, we looked forward to our evening meals.

Room Tip: Good for car parking.
2  Thank James M
ManagerJersey, Manager at Monterey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments. These are very much appreciated by our team here at the hotel.

We have recently re-surfaced much of our car park and have re-lined the areas to reflect larger modern cars. This has been welcomed by many of our guests hiring cars and also those travelling with their own vehicles.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The best part of staying here? The staff; nothing was too much trouble and they were always polite and helpful. From the warm welcome, to the time we checked out, they were always available. In the dining room, when we asked, the kitchen ordered vegetarian options for us. The meals were excellent. The bar was well stocked and we used it several times.
The room was well equipped and comfortable, with iron and board, dressing gowns, kettle, flat screen TV, very good WI-FI, the list goes on. Also the room was kept clean and tidy daily if requested.
The hotel is 10 mins walk from the main high street or main bus station, and has three bus routes go past as well.
We used the indoor pool and spa everyday, after touring the various locations on the island. Free towels provided every time and changing room and lockers available.
My only recommendation would be to add more tables and chairs to the bar area, as some evenings, with large groups in, people had to use the restaurant area. This isn't a criticism, merely a suggestion.
The Monterey is a good base for those wanting to tour the island or just stay in St Helier.

Room Tip: Request a Premium room and use the free night offers.
Reviewed 14 June 2018

We stayed at the Monterey for a long weekend. It is in a good location and has a quite a big car park which is an added bonus if you hire a car. It is only around a 10 min stroll into town through the lovely Millenium park.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, bed was comfortable, but the rooms are just far too hot. We did have a room fan and did open the windows - but ironically we had the A/C unit outside our room - which unfortunately did not service the bedrooms and was quite noisy.

The breakfast was well cooked and plentiful and all members of staff were very pleasant and helpful.

We didn't use the leisure facilities, the pool outside is looking a bit tired to be honest.

If we do return to Jersey and stay in St Helier, we would use the Monterey again, but I think I would prefer to stay in one of the bays if I did return - nothing against the Monterey, I just prefer a more coastal setting.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple