Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$301
View deal
Expedia
eDreams
Official Site
2,236 results
All reviews champagne bar elizabeth castle victoria restaurant tassili restaurant sea view five star hotel small balcony lovely hotel relaxation room sea front steam room first class main restaurant nothing is too much trouble short break walk in shower hire car
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2021

We were met by friendly staff who showed they were happy and enjoyed their job. I believe that this hotel has a very high degree of professionalism. Fantastic Hotel, great staff, exceptional breakfast and evening meals. Could not fault anything about this hotel, the quality of fittings is high and attention to detail runs through all areas.

Room tip: all rooms were good even rooms without a view which should not put any one off
Date of stay: September 2021
Shaun McGachan, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2021

Dear Y1948SNwilliama,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5/5 review following your stay with us. It was great to see your comments on breakfast and dinner and of course the team. All feedback is shared and I know they will be thrilled to see your comments.

We appreciate your feedback on the warm welcome you received and we will all be more than happy to welcome you back on your next visit to Jersey.

Reviewed 13 September 2021

My wife and I came back to Jersey 25 years after getting married and spending a few days there on a honeymoon back in 1996. The honeymoon had been a wedding gift back then because like many young couples we were counting the pennies and we literally ran out of money on our last day. On that original honeymoon we had sat outside the Grand and vowed to one day come back and stay there (we were in a hotel you would kindly describe as 'budget') when we could afford more than a shared bag of chips for dinner!
It was also my wife's 50th birthday this year so I decided to chance the Covid chaos and book a 10 night stay at the hotel we had admired from a seafront bench back on that original honeymoon.
We arrived to find on site parking, which was a huge bonus as many hotels in the area do not have any, and the staff in reception were unfailingly polite, helpful and cheerful. The hotel was clearly battling the daily nightmare of staff shortages due to a combination of Covid and Brexit, not to mention the Pingdemic, and despite this I rarely saw smiles far from their faces despite the insane hours many of them were clearly working. Quite how Anthony was still smiling at 7am after seeing him still working the previous evening at the tail end of a shift that must have stretched over 14 hours was beyond me and I am sure many others were also working similar hours!

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel incredibly welcome and nothing was too much trouble. I had emailed the hotel to look into booking flowers or champagne in the room as a surprise for my wife but due to British Airways changing our flights 3 times (the last being 72 hours before departure) I didn't arrange it as I had no idea if we would ever actually make it there!
On arriving in our room, which had an amazing view of St Aubin Bay (if you can afford it find those extra pounds to book a Seaview because as the sun rises over the castle it is breath-taking), I was shocked to see a bottle of chilled champagne, flowers, chocolates and a birthday message for my wife.....a really lovely and thoughtful touch that tearfully made my wife's day when coupled with the lovely room and view! Of course I did the decent thing and did not try to claim the credit! A lovely touch by the hotel and staff who always gave me the impression at every turn that they genuinely cared about our stay and that it was as memorable as possible.
As I have mentioned the room was very nice, an amazing view, a double shower cubicle with rainforest shower and built in air conditioning which was a must given the weather was amazing. Again a feature many of the other hotels in the area did not have and one that makes a huge difference at night. The bed was very comfortable and I couldn't fault room service who were great even when my wife suddenly announced she wanted a Jersey Grand Club Sandwich one night at 1am! The room was cleaned immaculately and I really couldn't fault the accommodation.
The Spa has excellent facilities with the only issue being the Covid restrictions making use of the facilities a little more challenging (only 2 persons in the Jacuzzi or Steam room for example) but that is an unavoidable issue for the hotel and obviously is in place to help keep people safe.
Breakfast was a riot of every conceivable option and while I rarely wandered far from traditional English fare my wife enjoyed the continental, fruit and cereals and yoghurt. The window for breakfast is also very wide as some hotels give you no more than a couple of hours to make it and eat. You will not leave hungry.
The terrace bar is one of the best features of the hotel when the weather is fine and it is hugely tempting to forgo venturing out to town given the bar food is excellent (especially the sharing platters) and the selection of cocktails wide and varied. I would especially recommend the Espresso Martini and Mirabeau Rose.
We did not get to sample the hotel restaurant which was closed until our last 2 days and due to a mix up with reservations we did not get to try it (it was recommended to us by 2 other hotel managers during our stay!). Even here the staff couldn't have been more apologetic about the mix up. They rang round and found us an alternative restaurant with a similar food style and also sent up a complimentary bottle of Champagne to apologise.

I would never stay anywhere else on Jersey having now sampled the Grand's hospitality and they played a huge part in making our return to the island incredibly special and memorable. The efforts they made to keep that swan sailing serenely on while the legs must have been paddling at 300 mph to keep the place moving was a credit to them all and we loved every minute.
Thank you and we will definitely be back!

2  Thank TheHolps
Shaun McGachan, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

Dear TheHolps,

Wow! What a review.

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share such detail regarding your experience and I am really proud that the team have helped deliver such a great stay with us. It is through reviews like yours that make what we do every day worthwhile.

We do share all feedback with the team and I know they will be equally as pleased to read your comments.

From all of us keeping the swan sailing, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future and again - thank you.

Reviewed 11 September 2021

We have just returned from a very enjoyable seven night stay at the Grand.We had a spacious deluxe double room (317) with ocean view at the front of the hotel overlooking St Aubin's bay and the Elizabeth castle.It was an ideal location and only ten minutes walk to the lovely shopping area.Our room was nicely decorated and had everything we required.
The hospitality industry on the island is suffering from a severe shortage of staff and is operating on about 20 percent staffing levels.However, despite many staff working around 100 hours per week to help cover the shortfall the service provided is still generally excellent.The staff try very hard to please and maintain a positive outlook.
Unfortunately the stand out restaurant the Tassili was closed during our stay but we had been pre-notified.The Victoria restaurant was also closed due to staffing issues, so we ate in the Champagne Lounge with the a la cart menu being generally available.However, the food served was delicious and the table service acceptable under the circumstances.The creme brulee was outstanding.A special mention to Emily and Peter who looked after us.
We also enjoyed the breakfasts which were self service.There was a good selection of
hot and cold food and the hot dishes were replenished regularly to maintain the quality.The bacon and sausage were some of the best we have eaten compared to similar hotels.
It was our first visit to Jersey which is a beautiful island and we would certainly like to return when we would have no hesitation in staying again at the Grand.

Room tip: A sea view is definitely worth it.

Dear Delboy5822,

Thank you for leaving such a great review following your recent stay with us. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your time in Jersey and glad to see you would like to return to our stunning island and of course the hotel.

The team really are working tirelessly and do a fantastic job trying to make all stays enjoyable. Whilst it may seem like the team are always here and we are indeed short of team members, I could not possibly look them in the eye if we were asking them to work anywhere close to 100 hours.

We do share all feedback with the team and I know Peter and Emi will be thrilled to see a personal mention as well as the breakfast teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another great stay and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

A fantastic hotel right on the Esplanade,with great views over to Elisabeth Castle.
We booked a superior room,could not fault the room,very spacious with nice bathrooms.
The staff are some of the freindliest you will meet in a hotel,they are always on hand if you require any help.
Breakfast buffet,mind blowing,every conceivable breakfast item is there to choose from,very enjoyable.
The bar also acts as restaurant at moment due to staff shortages,main restaurant is closed.
Outside champagne terrace very nice to sit in sun. And watch people along Esplanade.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: On site parking is complimentary. Ask for a superior room to sit in bed and still see the sea!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PENANGMAN

Dear PENANGMAN,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay with us. It was great to see you found us perfectly situated for exploring the island and of course for the stunning views of Elizabeth Castle.

The team are our greatest asset and they will be thrilled to see your kind comments regarding their friendliness.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another enjoyable stay, and of course more people watching.

Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

Hotel looks tired in some places, champagne bar looks dark and dismal at night with obvious signs of wear and tear on windows and bar furniture.
However outside terrace bar is assest if it was open every evening as closes Monday n Tuesday. Not good if your only staying a few nights.
Rooms adequate, but worried cups and glasses were washed in room sink, there didn't seem any clean ones on trolley, which should be after watching on TV hotels being pulled up for this.
Breakfast was very good, and all staff were very polite especially Brenda at breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Shaun McGachan, General Manager at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Dear Christine C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your feedback.

All feedback is shared with the team and your comments taken on board and it was disappointing to see some of your comments. We do have Duty Managers on site and available 24 hours a day to discuss any concerns you may have but from reviewing our feedback logs cannot place the feedback.

I was glad to see you enjoyed the Terrace, breakfast and of course the service provided by the team. Brenda will be thrilled with a personal mention.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.