Review Highlights
The best travel experience I have had in 5 trips to Ireland, or anywhere!

So many travel experiences today are impersonal and commercialized. Story Telling at Biddy's... read more

Reviewed 11 December 2018
Constance K
Pasadena, California
Well worth a visit

Reviewed 30 March 2018
KerryTrooper
County Dublin, Ireland

Recommended experiences in and around Dalkey
from US$56.69
from US$70.57
from US$40.49
More Info
All reviews oatcakes story telling irish experience irish culture stories journalist ireland book
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I brought my grandchildren here last summer and they still talk about it. Lovely, cosy and really interesting. Reminded me of growing up in rural Kerry when life was simpler!!

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank KerryTrooper
Reviewed 1 June 2017

well worth the experience of story telling and Irish banter, Biddy will welcome you in her beautiful and quaint cottage with a typical warm Irish welcome. you will not forget it!

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank elisabethLMM
Reviewed 7 May 2017

An excellent couple of hours in the company of Biddy, very ably assisted by Jonny, and her other guests. Biddy demonstrates the "dying art" of storytelling with grace, charm and humour and challenges us to focus on traditional values and lifestyle among the challenges of modern society. Cookery, history and life values ooze from this lovely lady and leave you wanting to hear more of what she chooses to leave unsaid. Thanks.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Fergsontour
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We had a wonderful evening in Biddy's cottage last night. I brought my parents, ((my dad is 96) and they were charmed by Biddy who was so warm and welcoming. They loved seeing Biddy's cottage and how authentically preserved it was with the 'settle bed' and the open turf fire with the old utensils for cooking and baking. It was really enjoyable and it's great that Biddy is keeping this old Irish tradition of storytelling alive. She is a natural storyteller and has a way of bringing the stories to life in her own unique and witty way.. I would recommend this for a group of friends or a family to give the children an appreciation of life in Ireland in the time of their grandparents.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank nessafarrelly1
Reviewed 7 April 2017

This was an extremely enjoyable, unusual, relaxed evening. Biddy is such a nice person, very entertaining and charismatic. We were with four people we never met and while it could have been awkward it wasn't, we were all sitting around the fire, chatting and being entertained by interesting and funny stories from Biddy. We were given prosecco with homemade elderflower syrup to start and then tea and oatcake biscuits. The setting is lovely, a real feel of Ireland of old which was the theme of the entire evening. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: April 2017