“Great Subs!”

Lenny's Sub Shop
Ranked #378 of 1,256 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The creation of a truly great sub is no small feat. At Lenny's we pride ourselves on serving up Authentic Philly Cheesesteaks & the Deli Fresh Experience. Since the beginning, Lenny's commitment to quality and attention to detail has gone into every restaurant and every sub sandwich. The first Lenny's Sub Shop opened in 1998 in a suburb of Memphis, TN to satisfy cravings for authentic subs and Philly Cheesesteaks. Though Lenny's Sub Shop was originally planned as a single unit restaurant, the tremendous reception from guests at the first location prompted rapid growth and the concept soon became franchised. Lenny's, now owned by Lenny's Franchise Systems, LLC, continues to expand across the country. Lenny's is the only place to find Authentic Philly Cheesesteaks & The Deli Fresh Experience. We slice our meats and cheeses fresh to order and pile them high on fresh baked bread. With about a half pound of meat and cheese on the regular size sub, and about a full pound on the large size sub, Lenny's provides an unmatched value for our guests' hard earned dollars. Our Philly Cheesesteak is cooked fresh to order and is served hot off the grill. Lenny's commitment to its guests is clear More Food, More Taste, More Personality. Our commitment means that substantial portions, quality produce and great customer service can be found in every Lenny's Sub Shop.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My sister and I had the best subs ever! The bread and meat were very fresh and the sandwiches were full of great tasting meat! The staff were friendly and helpful.
Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I like Lenny's because they do not use pre-cut, pre-packed meat on their sandwiches. They cut the meat for each sandwich as you order it so it is fresh. Their Philly and Chicken Philly are great. Much better than Subway,

Reviewed 30 November 2016

We were over in Knoxville running errands near the Turkey Creek Shopping area. I got off of I-40/I-75 at the Lovell Road exit and we started looking for a new place to grab a quick lunch… My better half spotted Lenny’s Sub Shop and we pulled in for lunch and to see what this operation is all about…

The interior of the Lenny’s Sub Shop near Turkey Creek/Knoxville is very straightforward and basic. What the heck, it’s a sandwich shop and a good sandwich shop should be all about service, food and cleanliness…not décor!

Deli Sandwiches, Philly Cheesesteaks and Grilled Subs come in lengths of 5, 7.5, 10 and 15 inches. My wife ordered the 5 inch Hot Italian with ham, prosciutto, capicola, Genoa salami with provolone cheese a white roll. ($4.79) She opted to skip the grilled onions and green peppers but added oregano seasoning and jalapeno peppers.
FYI…bread choices are white, wheat and multigrain.

She was very pleased with her sandwich. It had plenty of distinctive flavors going for it and the size was perfect for lunch. She did feel that if her bun was a little more grilled or toasted, it would have been a better sandwich.

I decided to gamble on a 7.5 inch French Dip Sub with roast beef and Swiss-American cheese and a side of au jus. ($6.29) Why did I call this a gamble? It is mainly because most ‘fast serve’ sandwich shops serve something called beef that really doesn’t resemble the ‘real’ thing. However, Lenny’s beef actually tasted like beef and the au jus provided that extra beefy ‘pop’. My bun was toasted just right and the jalapenos added that something extra to my sandwich.

Service at Lenny’s Sub Shop was efficient and the staff was interested in our feedback/opinion. They certainly did a lot of takeout business while we were having our lunch. For this type of sandwich shop, Lenny's is indeed a cut above the average...

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This place is so much better than Subway or Firehouse. This place uses quality food and you can tell. I had a chicken philly and it was awesome. They have this spicy relish that I think really tops it off. If you like subs you owe it yourself to give it a try!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Went here for lunch today with my Friend. Had a chicken philly. It was made to order, hot, delicious and the multigrain. Bread was fresh as ever. The place was very clean and tidy. The big plus was all the staff were so friendly and kind. A definite great place for yummy sub sandwiches:

Been to Lenny's Sub Shop? Share your experiences!