“Utterly delicious”

Ranked #2 of 382 Restaurants in Franklin
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: House of India, a fine Indian cuisine restaurant, prepares fresh, healthy, and aromatic traditional Indian dishes blend with contemporary taste. All our spices and ingredients are carefully selected by a highly experienced chef who works diligently to make the food consistent for our customers. We provide lunch buffet and dinner everyday. Great place to eat for events ranging from corporate meetings to dates, we also do catering for events! Come grab some freshly friend samosas along with an imported beer!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Utterly delicious! Cannot say enough about how delighted we are to encounter such a terrific Indian restaurant in Franklin! Who knew? Everything was richly seasoned and tenderly prepared. I love Indian, but my husband prefers a little barbecue or pizza. That said, House of India had my husband in a swoon. Now that is saying something. Thank you!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (264)

Reviewed 7 April 2021

Service was impeccable and friendly, food simply delicious. Crispy cracker and 4 dips they brought to the table were tasty. Chicken tikka masala is my husband's favorite and this didn't disappoint, he could have licked the pot. I got a hot chicken 65 dish, server warned me it was spicy and it was. After a little he came back and offered me a cucumber dressing for the dish which cooled but complimented the taste wonderfully.
Second time we went husband still loved the tikka masala and I enjoyed the butter chicken. Friendly waiter again who gave me extra naan to take home. Did I mention the naan is really soft and tasty?
Highly recommend this place for both food and service. Be aware, they are attentive to your needs but don't rush you. If you are in a hurry, let them know so they bring you the check. Plus, although they are open until 10, they stop seating in the dining room at 9:30 and do take out until 10.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 8 December 2020 via mobile

The service was friendly and great, extremely clean throughout the restaurant , food was excellent!!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 5 December 2020

We had a wonderful evening here, The food is amazing - everything was very fresh and delicious . The service made the evening special. The owner and his family are very friendly and knowledgeable. They made us feel like welcome guests. I honestly have never felt so welcomed in a restaurant. Our Chana Papri Chaat was fresh and delicious! We then shared Chicken Biryani and Chana Masala that we will dream about for weeks to come! I’m already planning another trip to Franklin just to come back to House of India!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

This place was amazing! Awesome food, and best service I’ve found so far in Tennessee. Great people, great experience!

Date of visit: November 2020