All reviews standard hie rambunctious kids bedside lamps shampoo and soap flavored creamers would stay here again cinnamon rolls nice selection of food outback steakhouse comfortable room very clean hotel front desk staff eating establishments free breakfast nice job breakfast staff within walking distance
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Very clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly.We were in Sioux Falls for a graduation. It is a convenient location. Near shopping also. Close to restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning on staying in the Sioux Falls area.

Stayed: May 2018
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Cathy

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express near the Empire Mall in Sioux Falls. I am pleased to hear that your room was clean and quiet and that my staff was friendly. I hope that you enjoyed the graduation. Thank you for the recommendation, it is appreciated. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Greeted as a Member by always friendly staff. Room on main floor was quiet, convenient to fitness center and pool. Comfy bed and choice of plush or soft pillows. Extremely clean, quiet, comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear JMtraveler14

It is awesome to hear how much you #loved your stay at the Holiday Inn Express near the Empire Mall in Sioux Falls, SD. I appreciate you letting me know that you were greeted as an IHG Rewards Club member at check-in. It is also nice to hear that you found your room to be clean, quiet, and convenient to the pool and fitness room. I look forward to having you as a guest of ours the next time you are in Sioux Falls.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We are gold members who checked into the Holiday Inn Express at the Empire Mall location. We were greeted promptly and staff were friendly. So far, so good. We went to our room, 303, and I did a quick check of the bed. Yes, I inspect it. There were hairs including pubic ones in the sheets. So no, the room was not cleaned and the bed was just made for next unsuspecting guest to climb into. We went downstairs to advise staff and request housekeeping clean the room - change the sheets. We were told housekeeping wasn't available and they could move us to another room. Agreed. They also said they had received many complaints about housekeeping. Not a good sign!

We received a different room, 355, in another wing that we were told was quieter. Perhaps it was quieter as a there was a sports group there but the walls are thin - I could hear our neighbor snoring. However, that was not our issue. When I did an inspection of room 355, I found yet again, the bed had hairs in it. Seriously!?!?! Apparently, housekeeping is cutting many corners. First impressions are lasting ones.

I went back to the front desk and told them yet again, the room had wasn't cleaned. Knowing housekeeping wasn't available, I asked the front desk staff to bring fresh linen up to the room, leave it on the table, and I would change the bed sheets myself.

We went out to and returned to our room. The staff brought up new linen as requested and I was able to replace the dirty sheets with clean ones. To the credit of the front desk staff, they called after to check in and see if the linen was to my satisfaction and wished us a good night/sleep.

While I do appreciate that follow up call, it did not make up for the aggravation of checking into a dirty room and then being transferred to yet another dirty one. First impressions are lasting impressions. While I can overlook a great deal, a dirty bed is not one of them.

We will not return to this location during our next visit to the area.

Management, please address the housekeeping issue.

Side notes:
- There's a shuttle service for those interested.
- There's also a free breakfast on site
- There's guest laundry on site (believe it was the 1st floor)

Ratings:

Service - rated it poor, not terrible, only because front staff provided clean linen.. and my "Poor" rating is based on the housekeeping issue. It's not something I can overlook.

Sleep quality - Rated it average as once we kept the fan/AC on to drown out the neighbor's snoring, we managed to get some sleep.

Room Tip: Grab the highest floor possible, and inspect the bed for clean linen prior to getting settled in.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest

I am incredibly sorry and embarrassed for the issues you encountered with sheets not being changed. Please know that I will address this matter with my housekeeping staff to ensure that this does not happen again. This can not and will not be tolerated. I understand that this must have been extremely frustrating to you. I would have felt the same way. I would like to offer you some IHG Rewards Club points or a partial refund for your troubles. Would you please contact me so that I can find out which you prefer? One other option that I could offer you, if you would like, is a free night at our hotel if you would be willing to give us another opportunity to provide accommodations to you.

You can reach me by phone at 605-361-0122 or at hiexp@midconetwork.com.

Once again, my sincere apologies for the troubles that you encountered during your stay with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

It was late when he got to Sioux Falls . We came to Sioux Falls for surgery. We I tried to pay with cash the attendant said he would need to run my card for the weeks stay. I told him I was maxed out and that my card would be declined and ask again to pay with cash. The attendant waved his arm and said. We were welcome to leave. I've stayed at Holliday Inns numerous time and in various states. Never had a response like that. I will go out of my way to never again stay at Holiday Inn

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

I am sorry that my Guest Service Agent was rude to you. I apologize that he handled the situation the way he did. We do require a credit card at check-in even though some guests may want to pay cash. I will try to let my staff know to try to explain the reason why we require a credit card at check in in a more polite way in the future.

Once again, I offer sincere apologies for the way that this situation was handled and hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide accommodations in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We arrived late (after a concert). The room was inviting and ready for us to fall into bed. We didn't need much service, but each employee was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning offered something for everyone with a nice variety of choices. This hotel was an excellent choice for its location and served our needs well.

Room Tip: The rooms were quiet and clean. What more do you need?
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room was inviting and ready for you to fall into bed. It is also nice to hear that my team members were friendly and helpful. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet in the morning. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Sioux Falls.