All reviews gold mine mayor's office black hills across the street second floor comfortable bed high ceilings historic hotel light breakfast modern conveniences opera house gallery room great character homemade banana bread old building step back in time room was large
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Old world charm with all the amenities that you will need. Close to Deadwood, Rapid City and Sturgis South Dakota. This property is within walking distance to the Homestake Gold Mine. Maid service is available upon request, so if you don't need anything, your room is left as is. If you want maid service, just hang the tag and your room will be cleaned. A light continental breakfast is available. The free wi-fi, cable package, in room fridge and microwave are great additions. There is not much for young kids to do at the hotel, so bring games or use the games in the lobby.

Room Tip: The Gallary was a great room with two queen size COMFORTABLE beds
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Betsy W
Town_Hall_Inn, Owner at Town Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Oh Betsy we loved your review and we loved the story you shared with us on your trip! Please come back again very soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

My husband and I spent a night at the Historic Town Hall Inn in Lead, SD. The owners were kind and gracious, very accommodating. We actually had to change the date of our stay, and they easily made the change for us. The room was large, clean, and had unique decor. The location is within easy walking distance to the mine, restaurants, and a local brewpub. We enjoyed our stay, and appreciated the attraction tips, communication and kindness of the owners. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures, or call and chat with the owners.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Town_Hall_Inn, Owner at Town Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Your wonderful review really makes our day!

We love our location too - nestled in the folds of the Black Hills, rich with gold mine history and stories told by third generation miners and black and white photography.

Walk to ma and pop restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops, museums, brew pubs and bars!

Our place is between the Historic Opera House (which still boasts live entertainment) and the new Sanford Homestake Visitor center that explains how we are now a scientific community with world renowned physicists and researchers utilizing the old mine.

We are so happy you found us and we cannot wait to see you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

"Wow!", that was my first impression when walking into the room for the first time. This hotel is a throw back to old world class, with all its charm, but yet with the amenities you'd expect from a modern hotel. We stayed in the "Mayors Office" and what a room it was! The room was clean, well appointed, and well furnished with period pieces from days gone by. There are coffee/tea facilities in the room, along with a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. I can't speak for the other rooms but the Mayors Office was certainly spacious and I would even say luxurious.

There is WiFi available throughout the hotel, and the internet connection is quite fast.

Each morning there is breakfast available on the ground floor. They put on a pot of coffee, pastries, fresh fruit and other breakfast items (porridge if I remember correctly). It's a great little breakfast and perfect for a bite to eat and a good cup of coffee before heading out to explore the town or head to Deadwood.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel when you're visiting Deadwood or Lead, or anywhere else near the area. I really wish I could spend more time staying at the Town Hall Inn - it's just such a fantastic place. Hopefully one day I'll be back.

Room Tip: Get the mayors office
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Town_Hall_Inn, Owner at Town Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Your kind review means the world to us...

We truly appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us at the The Town Hall Inn - we have a lot of people comment on the Mayor's Office! Its one of my favorite rooms as well, with its wall of tall windows and elegant furniture - most people love the antique sewing machine that we have re purposed as a coffee table/ conversation piece!

We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Celebrating our first anniversary, we took a scenic trip through the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. We loved the charm of this restored historic building into a modern B&B. The hosts were able to meet us quickly and set us up with keys and a quick tour of the building.

Historic Lead has a great character-- everyone we met--was lovely, welcoming, and kind. I'd never heard of Lead, but knew of Deadwood, and was so happy we steered in this direction. It was a lovely break from reality and a step back in time.

The bed and pillows were comfortable, the bathroom was modern and clean. The continental breakfast was perfect for starting our day. Would love to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviews like this are special because you spread the word about both Lead and Deadwood...

We are so near to Deadwood, yet seemingly a whole new world. Deadwood is about fun, entertainment, good eats and gambling. Lead is about mining culture, family and science.
We complement each other greatly!

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this hotel. We were going to celebrate a late valentine in Deadwood and everything was ridiculously expensive so I went with Town hall because it was decently priced and the reviews were good. I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. I love staying in historical places and I have forgone comforts to do so...thankfully that was not the case here. The decor is amazing and the beds are very comfortable! I will definitely be back

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moonrapsody
Town_Hall_Inn, Owner at Town Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

It makes us warm and fuzzy all over - the fact that you found us by chance to celebrate your Valentine's Day with us at the Town Hall Inn!

We love reviews like this, people finding us by chance when looking in Deadwood, (after all, we are only a couple miles from the famous, western, gambling mecca - Deadwood!)

I'm happy that you love our decor - our family spends countless hours picking antiques that are just perfect for our Inn. Everything you see in our Inn is for sale because our sisters keep us abundantly stocked with neat picks that we can cycle through.

Please come back again very soon!