“Best Breakfast in Town”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed in Hill City for a week, ate here every morning. Excellent food, great omelettes, very friendly service, decent prices.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here on a busy day. There was a long wait to be seated and the staff was not happy. The food was good, not excellent. I think another day may have been better, but our visit just didn’t work well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and two grown daughters had dinner there. I had the special steak and shrimp for $14.95 and it was very good. One daughter had the rainbow trout and liked it - looked like three small trout - a good serving. My wife had the fried shrimp and didn't like them but she is very picky about seafood. They are just starting to have a full bar service and most things we asked for them didn't have yet. I'm sure that will improve. Jake, our server was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food!!! Friendly people !!! Very Cheap. great for the train people Super fast food. Salad bar was very fresh

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I spent a few days in the area and ate dinner here on our last night, and breakfast the next morning. This is definitely a locals place. The owners and staff were very friendly and welcomed us. They encouraged us to take as long as we wanted. We were lucky at dinner. They had a local musician playing acoustic country and we played a game of cribbage while we enjoyed our drinks and the atmosphere. I had the all you can eat trout special, and my wife had a bison burger. My fish was excellent. My wife’s burger was flavorful albeit over done. The dinner came with a salad bar which was fresh and delicious.

Breakfast was an all you can eat buffet filled with a broad array of hot food as well as a very nice array of fresh and canned fruit.

It’s not “fine dining”, but a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying experience. If you’re looking for a fun, easygoing meal, you can’t go wrong at the Hill City Cafe.