“Best Breakfast in Town”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Hill City for a week, ate here every morning. Excellent food, great omelettes, very friendly service, decent prices.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We ate here on a busy day. There was a long wait to be seated and the staff was not happy. The food was good, not excellent. I think another day may have been better, but our visit just didn’t work well.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

My wife and two grown daughters had dinner there. I had the special steak and shrimp for $14.95 and it was very good. One daughter had the rainbow trout and liked it - looked like three small trout - a good serving. My wife had the fried shrimp and didn't like them but she is very picky about seafood. They are just starting to have a full bar service and most things we asked for them didn't have yet. I'm sure that will improve. Jake, our server was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Great food!!! Friendly people !!! Very Cheap. great for the train people Super fast food. Salad bar was very fresh

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent a few days in the area and ate dinner here on our last night, and breakfast the next morning. This is definitely a locals place. The owners and staff were very friendly and welcomed us. They encouraged us to take as long as we wanted. We were lucky at dinner. They had a local musician playing acoustic country and we played a game of cribbage while we enjoyed our drinks and the atmosphere. I had the all you can eat trout special, and my wife had a bison burger. My fish was excellent. My wife’s burger was flavorful albeit over done. The dinner came with a salad bar which was fresh and delicious.

Breakfast was an all you can eat buffet filled with a broad array of hot food as well as a very nice array of fresh and canned fruit.

It’s not “fine dining”, but a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying experience. If you’re looking for a fun, easygoing meal, you can’t go wrong at the Hill City Cafe.