All reviews scones each morning a small boutique hotel room decor is antique furniture main street adams museum victorian style old building free beverages step back in time other hotels hot coffee little touches the ground floor mini fridge first floor
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Stayed here during a vist to deadwood for a snowmobile race. The hotel was close to the Rodeo grounds as well as a nice historic downtown area. The service and staff were great, they took the time to make me feel comfortable at check in and during my stay. The rooms have a great mixture of historical presence and modern amenities. It was all the little touches that made it feel like a vacation rather then a few nights in a hotel room. I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Melanie H, Owner at Martin Mason Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience with us! It is always our goal to make a great stay for our guests. Thanks for taking the time to write a great review for others to see. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

This hotel has character and charm! Owners are wonderful hosts! No disappointments here! Comfortable beds, spacious room and clean. The antique furnishings make you feel like your stepping back in time. My favorite place in deadwood! Look forward to our next visit at this hotel! Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy9979

We welcome your return anytime! Thanks for a great review!

Reviewed 17 November 2015

We held our wedding ceremony and reception in the 1898 Ballroom of the Martin Mason hotel in July. I cannot recommend a better venue for a Deadwood wedding, especially if you are looking for something indoors. Melanie and the staff treated us like royalty the entire weekend. Everything from the planning and decorating to the cleanup, Melanie worked with us and allowed us to create the wedding of our dreams! Between the wedding party and family, we were able to rent out all the 2nd floor rooms. It was so wonderful to have our rooms just a staircase away. The bridesmaids and myself got ready in the Susannah & Mason Suite the morning of the wedding. It was plenty of space for myself, 6 bridesmaids and both mothers to hang out and prepare for our big day. It was incredibly sunny and hot that day so we chose to stay indoors for pictures. There were more than enough places throughout the Martin Mason to get some gorgeous shots. I am so pleased with how everything turned out. If you are looking for a classic and beautiful Deadwood wedding, definitely consider the Martin Mason!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Melanie H, Owner at Martin Mason Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Thanks so much for choosing the Martin & Mason for your wedding venue! It is really our pleasure to help make a perfect day for everyone at every wedding. Yours was beautiful and we enjoyed it as much as your guests! It really is the people who make a wedding, so thank you for giving us the opportunity to get to know you and share your great day!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Once again we stayed at the Martin Mason Inn for the Sturgis Bike Rally. We probably have more fun at the rally due to our stay at the Hotel. The staff is treats us like friends and we really enjoy sitting out on the patio at the Lee Street Cafe. Every night I looked forward to the company we had out on the patio. All the staff are so nice and friendly as well they introduce you to others who are staying there so it becomes one big party. The rooms are very clean and the beds are the most comfortable ones I have had the pleasure of sleeping on. This is a great location to visit all the attractions of SD. Very central to Mt. Rushmore, Keystone, Spearfish Canyon, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower, and of course historical Deadwood. This was my 4th time at this Hotel and will come back again!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Believe me, we enjoy your stay as much as you do! Guests like you make it so easy to have a hotel. Rally is always fun, isn't it!? Can't wait to see you here again!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Once again we had a wonderful stay at the beautiful Martin Mason Hotel. You cant help but fall in love with this place with its old world charm and meticulously restored building and rooms. Even the most eloquent words can not do this place justice. You really have to see it to believe it. Only one block off the main street in Deadwood everything you need is right there. In the morning make sure you have breakfast at their 50s style diner, the Lee Street Station. We were there just before the big 75th Sturgis Rally and now Deadwood is gearing up for Cool Deadwood Nights and I so wish that we could be there for that. In any case my next trip to there wont be soon enough. The owners are so very helpful with any questions you may have. I am hoping we can get back there next spring for some bicycle riding on the Michelson Trail. There is so much to explore and do around that area. O.k. I have gone on long enough, to sum it up, its a great place.

Room Tip: Book early, each room is individually decorated and has its own charm, filled with antiques and old world charm.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thanks so much for the wonderful review and taking the time to let others know about our unique little hotel. It is always great to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!