“Interesting old saloon”

Wild Bill's Trading Post on Main St.
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Worth a stop to walk in and have a look around. Claims to be the bar where wild bill was shot. Lots to see on the walls and in display cases.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is the saloon where Wild Bill was shot and killed. You can take a tour for a small price to see where the event occurred. However, if you don't want to take the tour you can still go in and take a look. They also have some unique items for purchase as well.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

At 6p on Wednesday September 13th I went in to check out the ambience, get a beer and pay for the downstairs tour. The bartender spent time talking to one couple and didn't acknowledge new customers (about 5 of us walked in). Undaunted I waited for his conversation to end and asked for a menu. He said they didn't sell food. I said I was looking for more of a beer and wine menu. He said he didn't have that either and seemed annoyed that I asked. At this point, I said "Ok, I'll look at the bottles on your back wall and maybe your blackboard" . My sister offered that they sold Stella and asked for a bottle. He glared me down and said that he can't sell me what he doesn't have because there was no CO2 for "on tap". He was soley focused on the fact that I was looking at the blackboard to avoid being stared down. So I turned to him and asked for a bottle of Stella, my husband said "make that 3". He asked if I wanted a glass, I nodded. He brought one bottle over and continued to glare at me. I said "Make it three." So he said "How 'bout I don't serve you at all" and motioned to the door, as he put the bottle he opened behind the counter. My sister offered that we can get Stella anywhere, so we left.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

If you're near hop on in and have a brew or glass of wine. There's a short, informational tour for a $10.00 per person fee. This will take you into the basement (where the saloon guy/gal will give you a bit of history on the city of Deadwood and how Wild Bill died). It was only about 20 minutes worth of history but still lot's of good information.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We were able to learn more about Wild Bill than we had known before. It is a little confusing, as there are a few places that claim Wild Bill died there. One place did a reenactment and another was just a bar and gift shop. Funny thing, the bar/gift shop one only served wine or beer - no whiskey! The reenactment place/bar did serve whiskey.