All reviews fantastic visit great spot for breakfast private parking old building downtown attractions wooden nickel comfy bedding huge windows double bed other guests within walking distance corner suite week stay quiet hotel quiet at night wild bill days the main street
Reviewed 1 July 2018

We stayed at the Iron Horse Inn for 2 nights as part of a 15 day USA Road Trip. The hotel was in a great position one block off the historic main street, which on the basis of the nightlife in Deadwood I'm guessing meant we got a better sleep than anyone staying in the main drag.

We had a corner suite that was spacious and great value. The hotel also has off street private parking (albeit limited).

The only downside was on check-out when we asked if we could keep our car in the carpark for an hour whilst we went for one last walk in the town, the initial response was that "we need the space back fairly quickly as we have other people coming in", reluctantly the staff member then noted that an hour should be fine. This was 10:30am and check-in for the hotel was 3pm. The obvious answer was "no problem thanks for chosing to stay with us".

Room Tip: Get a corner suite with a great view of Deadwood
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinWilliamSim
Michael T, Owner at Iron Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your review, and for being our guest. Like you, many of our guests appreciate our central location. While "steps away" from most of our town's attractions and activities, we are secluded enough for a peaceful nights sleep. Your corner suite is also one of my favorites, where one can enjoy views to both the west and south. We try to keep our rates affordable, thank you for noticing the value!

We offer free parking in our adjacent lot for our guests. Typically there is not a problem to remain parked in our lot after check out for that last walk through town. I will make sure our staff understands, and I hope that you might visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our stay in Deadwood was planned from 6/17/18 to 6/20/18 and we were looking for a hotel in Deadwood so we could walk to everything, the Iron Horse Inn was a great choice. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I was concerned about the parking since I had an extended van, as luck had it the owner was there as I was checking in and went out of his way to make sure I had n accommodating parking spot. The hotel and room was very clean and quiet. Great breakfast at the attached Lee Street Station Café and was very good. Since it was early in the season the Inn's Casino area was pretty empty but that didn't stop us from dropping a few "coin"!
Just a note....I had made my original reservations on-line through Black Hills Vacation which resulted in some double billing issues because the Vacation service and Iron Horse Inn were not totally in sych, but the Inn staff worked with me to eventually resolve the issue to my total satisfaction. Probably a good idea to deal directly with the Iron Horse Inn directly when making the reservations. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael T, Owner at Iron Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words, and for being our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Like you, many of our guests find our historic hotel to be clean and quiet, and enjoy the on-site Lee Street Station's breakfast! Parking can be an issue in town, but we are fortunate that our adjacent parking lot guarantees our guests a spot. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to our town.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Room was so gorgeous with high ceilings an wonderful corner view of downtown. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. The owners Mike and Cynthia were great! Helped with info around town and sights to see. Hotel was clean and casino was great fun. The restaurant was really tasty with a small menu but each item we tried was delicious. We will make this a favorite stop when touring So Dakota again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Michael T, Owner at Iron Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for your nice review, and for being our guest. With but 19 rooms, we are able to get to know many guests on a more personal level. We enjoyed hosting you. I will pass along to our staff your compliments of housekeeping cleanliness, casino friendliness, and restaurant tastiness! They do work hard to please. I hope that you visit our historic hotel again when touring our area.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Get the king size bed room. The double bed has little space for luggage and moving around. The room has high ceilings, large bathroom, and comfortable bed. There is an elevator. The staff is very nice and the restaurant is great for breakfast. A very comfortable hotel and casino.

Room Tip: Get king size bed suite.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 975marshalls
Michael T, Owner at Iron Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words, and for being our guest. We pride ourselves on having a historic room in a shape and size for every budget. The full size bed rooms are designed for younger guests on tight budgets. For a few dollars more a queen and king sizes are available. Thank you for noticing the Victorian features saved in our 1898 structure during our renovation. I will pass along your compliments to both our hotel and restaurant staff. We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I've stayed at the Iron Horse many times and have always had a great experience. A cool piece of old Deadwood history right in the heart of downtown. Very reasonably priced rooms and friendly staff. Y'all will be seeing me again, for sure!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Michael T, Owner at Iron Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you for being our repeat guest! Like you, most of our guests appreciate our history, and our convenient location right downtown. We try to keep our room rates very affordable so that everyone can experience a historic hotel. We have a historic room for everyone's budget! I will pass along your compliments to the staff, we look forward to seeing you again soon!