All reviews antique shop freight elevator antique elevator indian taco three floors full kitchen separate bedrooms old fashion old building cookie cutter old west on site parking chain hotels step back in time a great stay walking distance to everything the main street
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Spent three nights at this facinating hotel. The place is old but well kept and that adds to the charm. The staff here was very nice and couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. I love the old elevator, reminded me of some I had been in before. Our room was small but comfortable, adequate and clean. The floors creak and the doors moan when opening, it was fun. Very close to downtown and on-site parking, what more could you ask for. Great value here. We will definitely be back.

Room tip: Staff on the top floor, better view.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mary L, Owner at Deadwood Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were thoughtful enough to post a review.

Please come back anytime you are in the area even just to say, "Hello!"

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

This was a total disaster for us. When we got to our room, it was very cold. The receptionist told us that they had a hailstone storm.....wait for it.....last June and several windows had been broken. There was a huge sheet of plastic instead of the glass. They were prepared to tape around the sheet of plastic, about a metre square to stop the draught. On top of that the heating isn’t working and they gave us a small oil filled heater for a HUGE room. No heating in the bathroom either.
They gave me a key for another room, almost identical situation with a small heater.
Eventually after a long chat and informing them that I had already had one heart scare (true) and wasn’t going to risk another through the cold (ironically it will be 88F tomorrow), but last night it was 42F and highest today of 61F.
At this point they relented and refunded me the payment I had made.

We had hoped it was up to the standards of the Irma Hotel in Cody, but this was no where near. The top of the antique lift, although quirky was filthy as was the reception area. How they find paperwork I really don’t know. A very disappointing visit to Deadwood Dicks. Please do not consider a stay here especially as Autumn arrives. On arrival we saw that the building/hotel was up for sale. Why we thought? Well the next part tells only one per cent of the story.....
At this point they relented and refunded me the payment I had made.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank rond880
Mary L, Owner at Deadwood Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Oh Dear, Ron - There is more to the story. I took you up to the room. I did not indicate that the hail storm was in June; I mentioned that due to the odd size of the window, that the glass was on a three month back order. We not only offered a free upgrade to a larger suite, but we offered to bring in additional heaters. We really made every attempt to provide a comfortable stay for you two. You kept mentioning the Irma Hotel in Cody, and I believe your expectation was that we would be a duplication of their facilities. This is comparing apples to oranges. The Irma has a bar that was gifted to Mr Cody by Queen Victoria ... we are a small vintage hotel. I'm sorry we couldn't live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

The old style elevator is excellant! The rooms are large and clean! This place is off the beaten path just far enough to sleep like a baby. Able to walk just across the street to get back into the main areas. The staff here are amazing and I wish all employees could love their jobs as much as these guys! Hoorah for everything about this place. If you like antiques and old style Deadwood then this is your place!

We will return soon!

Thanks D.D.

Pam & Kim

Room tip: We've stayed here before. All four rooms have been great. The view from the top corner rooms are the best for viewing the street.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mary L, Owner at Deadwood Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Pam and Kim - Thank you for your lovely observations! We are pleased that you so enjoyed your stay. We are also happy that you found our Staff to be amazing. We think so, too. It makes a big difference when someone loves what they do everyday. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Did not visit the hotel or use the saloon. This review is for the antiques store only! The store is operated like a mall with several different dealers having spaces in, around and adjacent to the saloon. A lot of vintage mining equipment, firearms, advertising & motorcycle stuff. Several dealers offering the usual collectible smalls of jewelry, coins, dishes. Items on three floors. Spent approximately 1-1/2 hours there, and purchased three items.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mary L, Owner at Deadwood Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

timothyhh85 - We are glad you liked our establishment!
Next time be certain to check out our bar, and perhaps choose us for you lodging.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I both enjoyed our recent stay at Deadwood Dick’s. When looking for accommodations for our trip we wanted something that spoke of the old west and had character. This place had everything we were looking for. Everything had that old time feel to it (especially the elevator) but you still had the newer amenities of the microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker. I loved the fact they the bathroom didn’t have the standard white towels. Instead it had fluffy green towels, making it more homey. I had to laugh at the bowl of wooden fruit on the table but perhaps that was the deco back in the day. The bed was pretty high off the ground and being on the shorter side it was a little difficult getting up there but once there I found it to be quite comfortable and I slept real well. When we checked in Laurel ushered us to our room and showed us how to work the elevator. We were cautioned to make sure that both metal gates were closed after we got off, otherwise the elevator would not be able to be called to another floor. Having been told that it makes me wonder why one reviewer stated that he almost fell into the elevator because someone left the door open. Wouldn’t have had far to fall as the elevator would have been on the same floor since it shouldn’t have been able to move. Aside from the room being exactly what we were looking for the hotel was very conveniently located. It’s in town but not on the main drag, well within walking distance of just about everything that the town has to offer. Another big plus is that it has its own parking lot, something that a lot of the other hotels in the area do not offer. All in all we had a very nice stay. I didn’t have the opportunity to interact with Mary much but I chatted with Laurel a number of times and I really enjoyed our conversations. If you’re looking for something with character and charm, something right out of the history books, this is it. If you want something boring and routine do yourself a favor and stay down the road.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mary L, Owner at Deadwood Dick's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

sandisalter17 - We are delighted that you so enjoyed your stay; that we met or exceeded your expectations! Here at Deadwood Dicks, we have striven to provide a sense of the past and yet provide for our guests comfort. I'll be certain to tell Laurel that she did well, and perhaps on your next visit we will have more of an opportunity to chat. Thanks again, Sandi for the lovely review, and for taking the time to make it.