All reviews ghost tour historic hotel main street tv series fudge slot machines modern conveniences old west off season corner room antique furniture casino downstairs hotel parking old building jacuzzi tub step back in time stayed one night
Reviewed 29 July 2018

The chance to stay in a historical hotel is always fun. Though it may not have the amenities of a newer chain, the history and stories can't be found anywhere else. The Bullock is one of these hotels. Amazing history and stories right in the middle of old Deadwood with easy access to restaurants and attractions. The staff was also great--consistently helpful and friendly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NanW30
Lisa T, General Manager at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind review means a lot to all of us and I will share it with our team

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We so much wanted to love this place; we left feeling underwhelmed. This is a beautiful property in the middle of the town; the place has so much potential.The room was spacious and clean (room 203) the workers were nice but the Wifi was nonexistant and our room was not cleaned on our second day (I don't mean to sound petty, but when you are paying $175 a night your room should be cleaned). Breakfast is not included, Bully's, where breakfast can be purchased was disappointing (no Hot Tea?) If I had to do it all over again, I would stay outide of town and take the trolley into town ($1); it would be more peaceful (motorcycles throughout the day and night).

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JFK49
Lisa T, General Manager at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I especially appreciate hearing about ways we can improve.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Big fans of the old TV series, "Deadwood," so we had to stay at Seth Bullock's hotel. It's a solid attempt at period atmosphere, but it's apparent that the owner(s) isn't putting much of an effort into the place. We had the biggest room in the place (the Roosevelt Suite), which was comfortable enough, but the *bed* was unbelievably noisy - and, no, not from *that*! Every time one of us turned over, the creaking and groaning was, uh, astonishing. It was also at the front of the hotel, which is above a very noisy, busy street, so ask for a room at the back or sides. And don't even try to have breakfast at Bully's. First time I've ever seen a menu on a 3x5 card. Just a tired old hotel that could be amazing if someone put some time, money and effort into it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

So sorry we failed to meet your expectations! We will continue to try and improve so we can be the place you chose to stay again and again. All our best!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Normally I would say I am kind of skeptical about ghosts or anything like that. BUT I don't care what anyone says now, we stayed here a few years back and I swear to God this is a true fact. I was in the shower and all of a sudden the water turned off...I was like what the heck I turned the taps and nothing happened, then all of a sudden the water came on, next thing I notice my watch stopped...since I didn't want to wear it because the battery died. I left if on the night table. I bought a battery the next day and NOPE it was dead. Anyway. I left it there and upon our departure, I put the watch back on and OMG it started working.

Stayed: August 2017
Lisa T, General Manager at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review! We appreciate your feedback and I'm so glad you enjoy your stay. The water thing happens a lot, the ghost sure do like messing with guests. They also appreciate being mentioned.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Loved our stay here. From friendly staff to clean spacious rooms.
Word of advice though: You cant take a nap around the time of ghost tour. We had been riding all day by motorcycle and when we checked in around 4:30 decided to take a nap before heading out for afternoon festivities. Seems I had just dozed off when I heard loud voices outside. Head of tour gets very loud with her tour so guests can not rest inside of their room. I believe they start tour around 5:30 I just got up and went outside.
We did not encounter any ghostly experience on this stay. Maybe next time in Deadwood we will get to experience this with our next stay with the Bullock hotel because we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mscopper
Lisa T, General Manager at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you for leaving us a kind review! We appreciate your feedback and I'm so glad you enjoy your stay.