All reviews ghost tour historic hotel main street tv series fudge slot machines modern conveniences old west off season corner room antique furniture casino downstairs hotel parking old building jacuzzi tub step back in time stayed one night
Reviewed 1 December 2015

We had stayed in the past and were very happy with the service, restaurant , overall experience, thus when we came back to Deadwood at the end of November, 2015 we wanted to stay there again. Huge mistake! Our room was freezing cold (59 degrees) when we checked in. We were told it would warm up a degree or two each hour. After three hours it had not gone up at all. Went to the front desk and it seemed like we were an inconvenience, as if we were bothering the staff. ( they were doing nothing) Later we were playing the slot machines and I went to find a drink at the bar. There were two staff members behind the bar and when I tried to get a drink, they told me to "find a tall blonde named Jill" I have no idea why neither one of them couldn't get a drink for me and I never did find "Jill" after all of these issues, my husband and I spent as little time as possible at the hotel. Again, the staff made it seem we were a bother at every turn. To add final insult to injury, I requested a wake up call on the morning we left and did not receive one. Never staying at the hotel again!

Stayed: November 2015
4  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 13 November 2015

This a very different hotel with an historic atmosphere. From the minute walk up to the worn sandstone front steps to walking inside you have the feel of walking back in time. While the downstairs is updated with slots the interior is still historic in nature and when going into your room antique furniture with the modern up to date bathrooms. A very nice mix of new and old!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Randy C
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

After 13 hours of traveling, my husband and I were extremely excited to check into the Bullock Hotel. After signing all forms and giving our credit card, we were told about the "slight fly problem." Apparently, wood flies have infested this hotel. But no biggie because they die two days after hatching. Upon arrival to our room we found dead flies all over [the unvacuumed] floor, and one in the tub. There were other dead bugs on the sill and floor. There were stains on the bedding. It didn't look as if it had even been cleaned. We promptly left after being told we couldn't be refunded. Huge disappointment. Do not stay here.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed 1 November 2015

If you love Deadwood history, ask for a room at the back of the hotel; the part that survived the fire that destroyed the front part many decades ago. While the reconstructed rooms on the front side are of more uniform size and very comfortable, those back rooms hold the charm, and are of differing shapes and sizes (Made when taking the original tiny standard rooms into bigger ones we modern guests expect). The back rooms have great views of the mountain and cliff that form the narrowing of the gulch. Having breakfast there is highly recommended! Employees were very friendly, and wood tell you stories about the Bullock and more if you ask them. They do a fun little ghost tour too!

Room Tip: Ask for a historic room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank cranberry70
Reviewed 29 October 2015

After doing some research on Deadwood, we found out about the Bullock Hotel. It was once owned by the historic Sherriff of Deadwood, Seth Bullock. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was small, clean and comfortable....just what we ordered in this old building. Breakfast in the onsite restaurant was good. We had a lot of fun in Deadwood and would definitely go back. We would definitely stay at the Bullock Hotel and would recommend it to our friends and family. We even took the ghost tour, which we found fascinating.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smallest room with a double bed. It was small, but comfortable. We had TV and wi-fi and everything we needed.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple