Celebrity Hotel(Deadwood)
  • Free Breakfast
1899 Inn(Deadwood)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssports barpirate shipfamily suitebisonblack hillslarge casinopool areapoker roomin townevery hourshort drivegreat place to staybeds were comfortablebeautiful hotelfull kitchentable gamesroom was large
Reviewed 11 June 2018

From the friendly check in, to the clean and comfortable room, helpful staff, great location and value for money everything was excellent. The room was large, very nicely appointed. excellent wifi, nice chair with reading light, frig (no microwave), and most importantly spotless, as was everywhere on the property. I stayed for 2 nights so I booked the package with a $25 casino credit and $25 food credit (5 coupons of $5 each you can use as you want), The trolley stops at the door so there is no need to drive into the downtown congestion and pay for parking. The food at Oggies sports bar was outstanding (see review), the casinos in Deadwood are nom smoking and the Lodge casino had all the latest games, with great play for your money. The Lodge is across from Tatanka Bison Experience, well worth a visit.

Room Tip: some rooms have more scenic views, mine overlooked a patio area
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Slotmachinequeen
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback of the Lodge At Deadwood and look forward to seeing you on a return visit to the Lodge.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I will preface this review by saying that my first three nights at the Lodge were positive. However, a horrible experience on my fourth and last day/night there completely ruined my overall stay and disintegrated my positive opinion of the hotel. I stayed in the hotel. I did not use the casino- and I found the casino portion of the Lodge to be seedy. The casino clientele were equally seedy. On Sunday late morning, I was walking outside of the Lodge with my young child when two casino goers approached me and insulted my physical appearance- they repeated their insults not once, but twice. I initially did not respond because it was such a stupid comment. Ultimately I decided to respond. Here's where the Lodge comes in. I reported their verbal harassment to the casino manager and to the hotel receptionists. A receptionist responded that since these were guests of the casino, the hotel portion of the Lodge was not responsible for their behavior and couldn't do anything. Well if that isn't the WORST response in the history of customer service, I don't know what is! The receptionist is mistaken, however, as it is the responsibility of the hotel to maintain a safe and harassment-free environment for guests. The casino and hotel are essentially the same: they are interconnected, share an entrance/exit, and common lobby. In addition, guests have to walk through the casino in order to reach the hotel restaurants and hotel conference center. So the casino is indistinguishable from the hotel space such that the hotel is absolutely liable for actions of casino guests. The lack of customer service and the "shrug, I don't care" attitude is completely disgraceful. Even if the hotel cannot do anything (which of course, is not true), a good receptionist who values hotel guests would have responded along the likes of "i'm so sorry you had that bad experience, what can i do to help?" I would have been better off sleeping in my rental car.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Deadwood Lodge. I do apologize that we did not live up to the very best that our guests have grown accustom too during your last visit to the Lodge. I assure you that we will make the necessary changes to maintain our highest level of customer service and satisfaction.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed for 2 nights and loved every minute. From check in, to check out stay was perfect. The room was excellent, loved the cozy bedding. Enjoyed the casino being smoke free. Oggie's was a fun sports bar with a varied menu. The Deadwood grille was superb. Excellent service with very knowledgeable staff and our steaks were cooked to perfection. The option of taking the trolley from the hotel to town was good. The hotel is located on a hillside above Deadwood.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor! We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service at the Lodge. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again some time at the Lodge.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Best meals we had on the road. Breakfast lasted all day! Spacious rooms were well maintained. Super location, close to downtown. Only negative was a non- working whirlpool. This is a midrange hotel at a budget price!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

On behalf of the staff and management of the Lodge, we would like to thank you for the great review of the Deadwood Lodge facility. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Lodge. We hope to have you as a guest again on your next visit to the Black Hills.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights and used it as a base for hiking and other sightseeing. It was comfortable and clean. We loved it. You can open the window for fresh air at night. Free coffee in the lobby but breakfast is not included. As with all hotels in the area, gambling is part of the hotel which we don't enjoy. No problem though because you don't have to go to the casino. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of our facility on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the fresh air each night at the Lodge. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you on your next trip to Deadwood.