All reviews rooms are small taco homemade cinnamon rolls beautiful place to stay grassy area trolley stops motorcycle trip window unit parked our car busy road bath towels south dakota deadwood area chain hotels short stay coffee maker small fridge
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The lady Connie who lived on site was amazing and went out of her way to help us! There was free coffee and cinnamon rolls in the morning too! The rooms made us feel as if we were at home, quiet, clean, and cute place to stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rcassiek
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Highly recommend this family-run motel in Deadwood. One of our favourite motels on a two week road trip in the Dakotas, WY and Montana. Motel is quiet oasis, just on the edge of downtown (10 minute walk), near the famous cemetery with Wild Bill Hickock and fortunately NOT on the very cheesy, tacky Main Street of Deadwood, which is populated with casino hotels. This motel has parking, picnic table outside, and lovely cedar wood atmosphere in the rooms. Rooms are small but spotlessly clean. Owners are friendly and helpful with suggestions. Great value.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The Cedarwood Inn is impressively clean, quiet and well maintained. The staff is friendly, down to earth and approachable. The staff is also very knowledgeable about the area and attractions. The trolley stop is in front of the Inn or a pleasant walk to downtown.

I did read other reviews about the room being small, I disagree. We had a queen room with 2 adults and we were just fine. No this place is not fancy. If you're staying in Deadwood and expect fancy you might not be in the right place.

I will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018

This is a very nice place to stay during your visit to Deadwood. I am traveling from Illinois to Seattle and decided to stop at this motel for the night and was very satisfied this experience. Not having any knowledge of the area, i asked a lot of questions about the history of the village and things to do downtown. The staff was very friendly and helpful in finding things for me to do during my short visit. The rooms were newly renovated and very clean. This was an overall wonderful experience and I felt right at home!!

Room Tip: The rooms with the single queen beds were very quiet and just the right size for one person.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I live in Sturgis and every once in awhile we like to go up and spend the night when there is a concert or event. I’m a bargain hunter so I’m always looking for a reasonably priced place to stay and sometimes that doesn’t come with the best amenities ‍♀️ I can tell you that I was pleasantly surprised when we chose this hotel! The lady at the front desk was very welcoming (I’m sorry I didn’t get her name) and the room was small but exceptionally clean and comfortable and the bed was soooo comfy!! We will definitely be back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple