“First time patron”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Oh my goodness! On my 1st visit today, I ordered a slice of tomato pie. The portion was HUGE! It was mouth watering with just the right amount of seasoning. I also got a rum cake, which was equally divine! If you haven't tried this restaurant, it needs to be next on your list. The menu offers a wide variety of dishes, so there is something for everyone. Be sure to take a look at the cakes. I think almost all of them are 10" thick or taller!! I really can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (120)

Reviewed 14 November 2020

This is comfort food on steroids, folks! Although limited in seating area, food choices are UNlimited! Portion sizes are huge and prices are reasonable. I can't name one thing to try because everything I've tried so far has been delicious - deli and bakery! Expect to wait in line, as this delightful eatery is a popular destination!

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank R5322YLjillm
Reviewed 8 November 2020

Charleston Bakery & Deli is an authentic lunch spot. It also has the best cheesecake in Charleston. We used them for our wedding cake, they went over and above for a great experience!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 24 August 2020

we were amazed to learn of this unique restaurant. not much seating and missing the bossy tellyou what to order waitresses in Brooklyn. the food is a visual treat as you scan fabulous desserts too numerous to describe. each slice ordered was enough for the four of us. many of their cakes are 12 inches high. the main items just overwhelm you selection process. matzo balls, kreplach, reuben-tongue-pastrami sandwiches you can barely lift up. deli salads great . on the menu blintzes and lox or whitefish. how this place got here? just go

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch at the Charleston Bakery on Friday after getting a recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed. My wife had a pastrami and corn beef on rye sandwich and I had a ham sausage bacon and cheese omelet with rye toast and home fries. My wife absolutely loved her sandwich and I enjoyed my omelet- it was huge and the rye toast was incredible. The coffee was excellent as well. This place was the closest to a NY deli/diner that we have found in S.C. I also appreciate the fact that you can get breakfast for lunch. The menu is huge so there should be something to satisfy just about every one. We will be back soon!

Date of visit: July 2020