“Under staffed at Lunch time”

Mezcal Taberna Mexicana
Ranked #47 of 358 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They only had two waitresses during lunch. We got there at 12:15 and it was 13:30 when we left. The good parts first: Chips and Salsa were good along with the Queso Dip. The draft Beer was Cold & the Margarita's were good. I had a Chicken Burrito that was average, my wife had Chicken Fajitas. They didn't put much seasoning on them and they forgot the tortilla's. Oh yes, I had to get up and ask for silverware. We waited some time for them to pick up the payment. Finally I got up and took it to the reception area. It would have been much better if the management had the proper staff. To their credit, it did seem clean.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 8 December 2020

There are so many Mexican restaurants in the area, but this one stands out as both a casual or even semi-formal place to eat. The food is delicious, the service is good and it boasts an upscale ambiance. This is a family restaurant, however I would not recommend as a general rule for children on Thurs-Sat evenings. It is a great after work place or for evening drinks.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 9 May 2020 via mobile

Came here for lunch first day restaurants opened back up. Outside experience was fantastic. Food was exceptional and service was outstanding. A new favorite!!!

Date of visit: May 2020
2  Thank I5374RNjamieb
Reviewed 13 February 2020

Really great place to eat if you love Tex-Mex food. Pretty reasonable prices. The staff are very nice. I love their flautas, it is just enough food to make you feel full without feeling overstuffed.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 6 February 2020 via mobile

I visited Spartanburg a year ago and this place was just opening. I’m back a year later and it’s my first choice. I love the relaxed atmosphere, the authentic quality food, and the friendly staff. It’s an easy and pleasant place to eat and hang out.

Date of visit: February 2020