“Great take out lunch”
Review of Chive Blossom

Chive Blossom
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One of Pawleys Islands most popular dining destinations is Chive Blossom Restaurant & Bar. Shaded by signature Lowcountry live oaks, the establishment is owned and operated by Paul Kelly and Trina Renualt, culinary professionals who combine their skills to create Southern classics with flair as well as delicious dishes with Mediterranean, French and Asian influences. Incredible soups are a mainstay; Trina’s crab soup is local legend and not to be missed. All soups are offered in sips to a quart. Enjoy a taste, or take home a bounty! Choose from a variety of speciality salads, sandwiches, entrees and desserts. Only the freshest ingredients are used, and the menu changes seasonally to take advantage of the locally sourced seafood, meats and produce.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are leery of eating inside a restaurant but wanted so bad to eat at Chive Blossom. It was too cold and dreary for their outdoor dining space to be open. We called and yes, they do take out lunch! Fabulous pasta with shrimp and spinach chicken mushroom quesadilla, which we enjoyed in our car. They packed all utensils, etc. Thank you so much.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (757)

Reviewed 7 October 2020

Food was not that great. I ordered the flounder with okra. It arrived deep fried with fried okra underneath with a tomato sauce on top of everything. I was disappointed it was not hot. The place was mobbed and I felt for the strained staff. It was no surprise at 845 pm that they were tired and next time I will eat earlier and make sure the food comes out hot. Too much fried food made me feel ill when I got home. I had the soup which I could have gotten drunk on as it had way too much sherry. I will retry this for lunch one day.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 13 August 2020 via mobile

Great experience all around. We ate outside in the garden area. Great wine and craft beer list. Had local and national craft beers which is important to me.

The food was beyond outstanding. We shared a burratta appetizer with capers, fresh tomatoes and basil grown on sight, red onions, and black lava salt - excellent blend of flavors - really popped. I had the Fish Du jour - snapper with zucchini spaghetti, tomatoes, corn, and a tarragon cream sauce. My wife had the crab cakes with sautéed spinach. Both excellent. For dessert we have the banana cream creme brûlée and toffee cheese cake. All of the food was prepared to right temperature and brought out in a timely fashion. The out door seating was very pretty and well spaced with fans for social distancing.
Music was Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, Cold Play, and Counting Crows.

You could not have planned a better pairing of food and atmosphere for my wife and I.

What a great place, food, and atmosphere. One of the best meals I have had.

Excellent work Chive Blossom!

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 31 July 2020

This was a wonderful lunch in such a beautiful and extrordinary outdoor setting. The food was exceptional, the service was excellent and safety precautions were taken so that all the worries and stress of this summer were left behind. The sky was overcast and the seating was all under live oaks so that the last of July was not uncomfortable at lunch. Ferns and other green plants gave the outdoor seating such atmosphere. The sparkling wine added the right touch.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank Arland W
Reviewed 22 July 2020

Chive Blossom is a delightful place. Unique food offerings as well as favorites prepared and served is a better way. Great wine selection. It is a very satisfying experience.

Date of visit: May 2020