Hotels.com
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Regency Towers(Myrtle Beach)
6,480 results
All reviewsindoor waterparkwater parkcaptain's cafepalmetto toweracross the streetping pongocean frontqueen suitekids activitieslazy riversangle oceanfrontshuffle boardpalms buildinggreat vacationparking garagefamily vacationwasher and dryer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As soon as I registered Toni told me that I was important and she wanted to ensure my family had a great visit. Each person we encountered smiled and said hi. Many asked how our visit was and asked if they could do anything to make it even better. Clifford was assigned to our room and checked in daily to see if there was any way he could make our room better.
I will be back and highly recommend the Dunes Village Resort - Julie, Ohio

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Taylor R, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Julie,

Toni is such a valued employee with us, because she is so great at what she does. She really enjoys what she does and loves our guests! I'm so glad she made such and excellent impression on you during your visit with us. We will make sure to recognize her and Clifford too for being outstanding and making your stay so great and memorable. We are lucky to have both of them! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had our family reunion June 20 - 24th. Most of us had the 2 BR Angle Ocean View room with an excellent view of the ocean. Plenty of windows for the view. We could see the fireworks from Broadway at the Beach at night. Nice and clean balcony with plenty of chairs to sit out and feel the breeze at night. Resort is in a residential area so that stretch of the beach is not very busy. Plenty of activities planned for the young ones. Pool is open until 11:00 PM. Kids loved the waterpark. We stayed in the Palms Tower. Our rooms had been renovated with new carpet, floor tile, furniture and curtains. Simple furnishings but nice and clean. Two elevators for rooms 9 -13 located outside in breezeway where luggage carts are plentiful and there is a ramp. Elevators for rooms 1 - 8 are inside past the front desk. Can use parking garage with room key. One person just needs to walk to get the car when needed.
For those planning a reunion, we reserved the Huntington State Park (Shelter 1) for our picnic which is right next to the beach, parking and restrooms. Shelter 3 was more of a marsh area that had mosquitoes and wet areas due to rain. Shelter 2 was further away from the beach and wasn't as accessible for driving your car close in for unloading. There is also a Myrtle Beach State Park, but I am not familiar with that one. The weather was hot but a breeze came through the shelter.
We had Damon's Grille to cater our picnic and the food was unbelievable! Our Meet and Greet was at the Simply Southern Smokehouse (buffet) which was packed. A good variety of food which was tasty. We also visited Broadway at the Beach one evening. Lots to do there. Could really have spent an entire day there with all of the great restaurants and rides for kids, but the weather was extremely hot and humid when we were there. We ate at Margaritaville and Extreme Pizza. Great food!
Dunes Village was in a great location to get to the other places. Check-out was a little hectic with cars trying to pull out of the hotel's parking area while others were trying to pull in from the parking garage and main street. We were blocked in for a little while. Some guests simply pulled down to the side of the hotel by the residential area and loaded up from the side elevators. I would highly recommend Dunes Village. Housekeeping missed one day of cleaning, but did a great job the next day. Several of our families stayed elsewhere and they regretted it immediately. Just be sure that wherever you choose to stay, maintenance is on site. If the facility consists of condos that are privately owned, the staff may not be responsible for the condition of your accommodations. Also, the most recent reviews can be very helpful. There will always be negative reviews, but I always consider what the majority of the most recent guests have to say.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th/12th floors with 2 BR angle view. Front/side of room has windows/glass doors so view is a long stretch of the ocean.
1  Thank bura123

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dunes Village Resort for your family reunion! Also, thank you for such a detailed review. Reviews such as yours are so helpful to potential guests and it means a lot to us when our guests go out of their way to provide so much valuable information. We hope that you all come back and see us again next year!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The stay was very nice! So many activities for the kids and adults! We will be staying here again! Our Condo was spacious and comfortable. There are so many pools and water slides to accommodate everyone in the family!

Room Tip: There seemed to be an ocean view with any room

Dear Holly,

I'm excited to hear how wonderful your stay with us was. It's great to know that you will be back to see us again! Thank you for the excellent review!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the 2nd time we’ve stayed at Dunes Village. We like this place because we have two young children and they enjoy all of the family friendly pool amenities. A 4 star rating from me is “meets my expectations” while a 5 is “exceeds” and a 3 is “did not meet”. The reason that Dunes Village only earned a 3 from me on this trip is we reported two issues with our bathroom that were not resolved during our stay. I would even assume that no attempt was made to resolve them. On the first night, I reported that we had stains and rips in the shower curtain and that several tiles in the floor were cracked and created sharp edges. When I called the front desk, it was around 9:00 PM and they offered someone to come then and replace the shower curtain. I asked if they could just put a work order in to have it completed the next day, just because we all had already gotten ready for bed. At first, the lady on the phone said they could not do that, but then said she would leave a note for someone on the day shift. That was the last we heard from anyone about it and it was never resolved. The pictures attached show the issues. Other than that, the foldout bed for the kids was very uncomfortable, we had room 114 in the Palmetto Tower which has about 6 steps leading up to it, so be aware that you will have to carry any heavy luggage or other items up and down those steps, and also you can walk right off the street into the hallway where those rooms are. We felt safe the whole time, but that was just surprising to me. The pools are great, and the staff are very friendly. The breakfast buffet is a very good value, especially if you get the included breakfast package. This stay would have been a 4 had it not been for the issues with the bathroom.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Trey A
Taylor R, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Trey,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your visit with us. This is certainly not a normal experience and I am truly sorry that it was yours. I will be reviewing your comments with my team to work to find out where we dropped the ball on getting these corrected for you. I am glad to hear though that you still had a good time while you were here. I hope we have to chance to see you again and make this up to you in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience was descent. Good friendly staff in general. My daughter enjoyed the pools and the slides. The rooms are spacious and liked that we got an ocean-front room with 2 beds. They did not accommodate a late checkout when I asked for only a 30 min late checkout. This was disappointing as in my experience (a frequent traveler), all hotels in my past have always accommodated the late checkout.

3  Thank Anita O

Dear Anita,

It's great to hear that your family had a good time at our resort and that that everyone you met was pleasant! I'm so sorry we were not able to accommodate your request for a late check out. Due to our high volume of check outs and check ins daily in the summer, unfortunately we cannot extend these during this time of year. Often in the off season this is not issue. I hope this doesn't keep you from coming back and staying with us again. We hope you have a wonderful summer and thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.