Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$149
Trip.com
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
1,468 results
All reviews splash cove lazy river bedroom villa stayed in building mini golf tennis courts time share pool area full kitchen washer and dryer putt putt nice property short drive broadway pools vacation units
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2021

Booked this resort as a base from which I could travel to multiple golf courses during a week long tournament so I did not take advantage of what the resort had to offer.. The resort has all the amenities including pools, Tennis, Basketball etc. and would be a great site for a family vacation. Very near (within walking distance of) the popular Broadway at the Beach. Close to Myrtle Beach Seashore activities.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

Hi Jim and Rita, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to hear you had a 5-star stay and hope your golf tournament went well. Thank you once again for writing in.

Reviewed 6 September 2021

We have been owners here since 1999. We purchased with them when there were just two buildings. We always look forward to staying here yearly. Two weeks prior to coming we were asked our preference in what building and floor we would like to stay. We asked for building 8, 9 or 10. However on arrival we were put in building 26. At night the pool was noisy with kids yelling. I always like to sit on the balcony in the evenings and read, relax and enjoy the little lakes in front of the buildings. This year we had only an empty field to look at and the noise from the pool was far from relaxing. The bed in the room was horrible. On one side the bed was collapsed inward and we were not able to sleep in it. We ended up sleeping on the hide a bed in the living room. Also we had roaches in the room which I reported to the staff. We have never had a bad stay prior to this year. I surely hope this is not the beginning of the resort changing to a substandard resort. I hope they get their act together or we will be selling

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Vetryl, thank you for being a loyal owner for over 20 + years and taking the time to share your review. Please know we do our very best to honor requests but they are based on availability at the time of check-in and cannot be guaranteed. We are sorry to hear you were displeased with your mattress and noise from the pool along with seeing pests. Please know if you reported the challenges during your stay and the matters were not addressed you are welcome to contact Customer Advocacy at 800-860-9384 or customer.advocacy@vacationclub.com to discuss further

Reviewed 3 September 2021

We went in summer 2021. Overall, this was a pretty disappointing stay. The hotel used COVID as an excuse for EVERYTHING. While I totally understand that COVID is a really big deal, it wasn't the reason why my ceiling leaked, and it was a poor excuse why I couldn't exchange my towels.

When we went, we had roaches in our room, our ceiling leaked, there was no housekeeping, our patio door locked us out twice, there was no towel exchange, you had to buy anything they didn't provide to you (including toilet paper if you ran out), we found someone else's hairs on our "clean" sheets, the room was not ready until after 5pm, the dishes in the room were dirty, and the waterslide area was closed.

I don't go on vacation to do laundry daily. I don't stay in a nice hotel to clean my own sheets (before I sleep in them), clean someone else's dishes, or wash towels daily. We paid a lot of money for this room, and what we got was extremely disappointing.

If the hotel is going to cut service levels as deeply as this hotel did, there should be some level of compensation for it. A discount in the rate, extra Marriott Rewards points, or a rebate upon check-out. Something that acknowledges that they are not up to par. We've stayed at numerous Marriott Vacation properties over the years and this was by far the worst.

I will say that this property has the potential to be great. They need to be cleaner, make fewer excuses, make all amenities available to guests, and fix up the property. There's no excuse for a leaking ceiling or doors that can't be unlocked without calling maintenance. I did not pay for a sub-par property and we should have gotten more.

Room tip: Ask for a room close to the pool
Date of stay: August 2021
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2021

thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to learn of the challenges encountered during your stay. If your concerns were not addressed during your vacation and you would like to discuss further, please contact Customer Advocacy at 800-860-9384 or customer.advocacy@vacationclub.com.

Reviewed 2 September 2021

My room was in building 17- room 1716. I suggest avoiding this building all together. The room was nice & spacious but the water pressure was horribly slow in the shower but the sinks were fine pressure. It took a long time to take a shower. I called maintenance because I thought something was wrong with it because of the pressure and the shower head felt like it was going to come out of the wall. The maintenance guy showed up right away but said the whole building was like that and it was going to be renovated. The toilet was no better; every time you sat on it, it made a clunk noise.

I was disappointed that I had to wash all of my own towels and they couldn't exchange them each day. I was in town for a tournament, so I didn't really have time to be doing that and isn't that part of what we pay for???

The bed was nice but the bottom sheet wasn't fitted, it was just a flat sheet, so it got all messed up during the night. It was weird and annoying.

Wouldn't be my first choice to stay here again.

Room tip: Do not stay in building 17
Date of stay: August 2021
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Sheraton Broadway Plantation Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Hi Lisa, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your spacious room. We are sorry you weren't pleased with the water pressure in all of your villa and towel poliy. We currently do not offer a daily housekeeping service or towel exchange during your stay. We do hope to host you in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2021

Getting ready to leave tomorrow and didn’t want to forget to do this…
We arrived 8/21, leaving 8/27.

We stayed in a regular two bedroom villa (940, Bldg 9 4th floor). King bed in the master and two doubles in the 2nd bedroom.

Overall would give this a 3.5, although can't do half points here so went with 4.

Check-in was seamless and Katie did a nice job explaining things. Any staff we encountered were courteous and friendly. Property is secure. Plenty of luggage carts to move in and out.

Villa was a touch “dated” but overall very nice. Bathrooms were spacious and master bath with two basins was a treat. Screened-in patio got plenty of use in the mornings. Kitchen was ok, appliances definitely a bit “used” and the toaster has seen better days but everything worked and no mechanical issues.

The hardline phones are old and one was not working (they came almost immediately when we reported the issue but the new cord didn’t fix anything). Minor as we didn’t really use them anyway.

Beds and pillows were very comfortable. The master did not have a fitted sheet, but we didn’t have any issue with the flat sheet they used. Also, strangely enough, they had a “cover” for the comforter that was essentially a flat sheet sewn over at one end almost like a little pocket. It was clear they are just changing out the “cover” for the comforter when the room is cleaned. Again, didn’t have a major issue with it, totally understand during Covid.

Central Air in the unit worked like a charm. Resort wifi was reliable enough for a few online work meetings I couldn’t avoid.

The overall grounds were very well maintained with the exception of the grills. There are several charcoal grills available that are pretty worn. There were only two gas grills available, both working but clearly in need of some maintenance (thermometers not working, missing one temp knob, self-lighters not working). However the staff were on the spot when called to light the grill near our building and the grates were clean, the steaks cooked well, so in the end they did the job.

The recreational and fitness areas were very nice. Splash Cove was open but the water slide was not open. We enjoyed the lazy river when the kids weren’t horsing around too much. Cabanas were available, some umbrellas, and the trees generally provided some additional shade. The activity areas were all open and well maintained, and checking out equipment was easy. Our teenage son and his friend played basketball and tennis a couple of days and also used the fitness center.

The only food on property is Sunny’s and it is decent pub fare for lunch and early dinner (they close at 6pm), drinks also available.

To call this a “resort” is a little generous as we’ve been to a number of resorts, but with Covid still an issue it was exactly what we needed, a chance to get away without flying. It was very comfortable and we enjoyed easy beach access. There are plenty of great restaurants and other activities in the area. We enjoyed miniature golf and Topgolf. Broadway on the Beach is a huge tourist trap and the restaurants in that complex are overpriced (Melt was very good though). There is a nice go kart facility nearby.

We checked a lot of reviews but never had any issues with the SC state bird (palmetto bugs). We were diligent about keeping food trash bagged and taken out daily.

Overall a good trip, wouldn’t do it again for a week, better if a quick flight for 3-4 days.

1  Thank rwhetsell62