4,865 results
All reviews boardwalk inn grand pavilion coastal provisions lettered olive hudson's market tennis courts family vacation sullivan's island charleston area off season short walk to the beach beach chairs spring break ocean view fitness center south carolina bedroom condo
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Just got back from the Resort last night. My sister and I flew from LA to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday. I never really stay at resorts but was looking forward to a fabulous weekend with my dad. The resort is so confusing there is a main hotel that looks like a hotel and a another hotel right next to it that has a odd layout. That is where we stayed, the check-in is just a small area and was hard to find but they did let us check in early which was very nice. The room was very very basic and very stark (no artwork) with out dated decor. We were under the impression it was an ocean view which it had sort of. The windows didn't open at all!! No fresh ocean air just a/c was was really sad. Our parents got a suite which was nice but we all said the beds were very very hard and none of us slept well. The resort is totally geared for families with young kids this was not a fabulous hotel just very basic not what I had in mind for a resort. The food was under whelming at the main restaurant but they did make me a vegan dinner which was the best dish anyone ordered. We left and my parent had one more night but ended up leaving because of the beds but still paid the hefty cost of the room but it was memorial day weekend.

If you get a good deal and you have kids I would try it out but I will never go back I would rather stay at a cheaper hotel and save money.

Room Tip: try to get into the main hotel if you want that hotel feel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed review, and for your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to see that your overall experience did not fully meet your expectations. While we take pride in being family friendly, it is equally important to us that couples and adults without children enjoy their time at the Resort. We have shared your feedback with our operations team and will follow-up to ensure that these items are addressed with appropriate department heads. We strive to deliver an outstanding experience and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a stay that exceeds expectations in the future. Please feel free to share any additional information or insight with me, Franks Fredericks, via email at ffredericks@destinationhotels.com.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

While the property décor is a bit dated, our family had an excellent stay at Wild Dunes Resort. We received a free upgrade at check-in to have an ocean view, which turned out to be a unit with direct access to the beach. This moved our stay experience from what would have been a 6 or 7 to a 9 or 10. The property is gated, which is worth it as the road leading to the property was packed with cars/people who aren't staying on the island but who are using the front yard's of million-dollar properties as free-parking/access to the island's public beaches. However, we found the resort beaches to be spacious, clean, and really enjoyable for a vacationing family. A quick drive to Mount Pleasant, Charleston, and North Charleston offers an endless number of independent, unique places to eat with excellent food. This was something that made the trip stand out from other beach destinations we've visited which typically have limited options on property and/or chain restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at Wild Dunes Resort! I appreciate your 5-star review! We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Our seventh visit to Wild Dunes was great as usual. Love the beach, love the tennis facilities, love the hotel facilities, kids and grand kids had a blast. Charleston was also, as usual, a great deal of fun.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to vacation at Wild Dunes Resort! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed another great experience. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

They did not have a night security guard. A drunk couple caused a 2 hour ordeal at 3:30 am and were not asked to leave until 5:30 am. The couple was not staying on site and were disrupting the stay for actual paying guests. I called the front desk and they said they knew about it but nothing was done! Also this couple vomited in public areas and were threatening guests. Scary!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We are very concerned by your experience and would like to learn more so that we may address with the appropriate associates and authorities. The comfort and security of our guests are of upmost importance to us. Our Director of Operations has reached out to you directly and we look forward to connecting with you. We hope will have the opportunity to address this with you directly.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I love Wild Dunes and have been coming for the last 25 years. I had my entire 220 person wedding stay there last year and we had a great experience. We went back for our anniversary, I booked 6 months in advance and we were still put in a room next to the elevator and ice machine, and told we couldn't move because the Boardwalk Inn was booked solid. Very frustrating, especially considering friends of ours who booked a month in advance were in a high level corner room.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing to vacation at Wild Dunes Resort! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty. I do apologize that we didn't fully meet your expectations in some areas. Thank you providing us with helpful information. I have shared your feedback with the necessary departmental managers. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back as our guests again soon.