“Great variety at a single A ballfield”

Fluor Field at the WestEnd
Ranked #8 of 68 things to do in Greenville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We were at a Greenville Drive game over Memorial Day. We walked there & back, from our downtown hotel. The area is trendy and looks like more and more businesses and restaurants are going into that area. It was Sunday night and the stadium was nearly sold out! We were not expecting that, they had a great turn out and I can understand why...this is as nice of a ball field as I've been to. They have berm seating (or grass) for families with little ones who can't sit still in the bleachers or seats; they have traditional seating and suites (box seats) for company outings, groups, etc.; and we selected to sit at the outdoor bar on the right outfield side. It was next to, but raised above another group area, sectioned off for adults who can't sit still during a game.
All of these struck me as progressive thinking about how to attract people who will come out again and again and support the local ball club. The outdoor bar was quite large with a generous amount of seating and seating styles. There were tall round tables, couches and chairs, bar seating, and since patrons here were far away from the sights of the actual game, they even have closed-circuit t.v.s showing every play as it is happening. We were very impressed. Although, we wished we'd bought our tickets earlier and were able to sit in traditional seats to watch the game first hand.
In left field they have a mini green monster, and they still had a role for a person, placing the runs on the manual scoreboard...it was a unique experience and one I'll say we won't be afforded at many single, double, or even triple A stadiums. We thought going to the game was a great experience. And we think some other double A cities can learn a thing or two from the Drive's stadium.

3  Thank Jenn K
in 32 reviews
"spend an evening"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 26 April 2011

Great location for dinner and a game, beautiful ballpark.

Reviewed 30 July 2009

I second what the first reviewer said! This is a great little stadium in a fun little town. The prices are dirt cheap. $8 for the best seat in the house! $3 for a large drink in a souvenir cup. A team pennant for $5 all great deals. Further the baseball stadium, has a on deck micro brewery serving great beer! The night we attended there was a promotion giving away free ice cream sandwiches! So I think I fed my family of 4 for the cost of a hot dog, chips and a drink at a major league park!

There is a Green monster ala Fenway Park . Even a warehouse right behind the field where you can watch from on top. I thought a nice touch was the kids play area was fenced off and covered. Thus no escaping young ones nor foul balls striking little heads. Parking is a bit of a mess. So park in the county office lot and ride the free shuttle over ( 4 minute ride).

Other than the fact that they are a Red Sox's farm team a night here a watching the Drive is well spent!

1  Thank oldensign
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Just as an update this ballpark is not longer called West End Field it is called Fluor Field.

This a very cute and CLEAN ballpark. The City takes a lot of pride in this ballpark.

Despite being downtown parking is honestly never a problem. You can park and ride the free open air trolley bus. Or play a couple bucks to park across the road from the stadium. The city wants you to come early and linger downtown.

This is a very family friendly ballpark with a playground in the stadium. You can give grab your beach towel and sit on the hill if you like. Ticket prices are dirt cheap. 8 dollars are the most expensive seats.

The food is very reasonable. However my recommendation would be to eat before you come. I had the worlds worst hot dog here so I typically stick to just getting a drink.

There are a ton of young singles/professionals that come to the ball field. My guess is they are drawn in by the cheap beer prices. Even with the alcohol it is still a very family friendly environment.

1  Thank snoozealarm