“Great amazing awesome”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 994 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We come here regularly and every time the food and service are both awesome. Presentation, people, all were perfect. Reasonable and worth the trip. If you have never been make a point to visit. They actually sell and use Tupelo Honey. We eat at a table or at the bar. Great Great great!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My Tupelo Honey experience was flawless. They easily accommodated my large party of 9 for Saturday brunch, seating us at a beautiful table lined with plush, cushion covered benches and floor to ceiling windows that filled the room with natural light. We were promptly greeted by Erica, a true joy of a human being, knowledgeable and genuine, whose easy demeanor made my guests and I feel right at home.
Tupelo Honey’s menu is filled with modern takes on southern classics with health-conscious alternatives for those so inclined. Fried Okra and Fresh Baked Biscuits were the perfect way to start the meal and the Avocado Toast & Eggs topped with red chili honey was a harmonious balance of sweet, spicy, creamy, and savory. Chef Eric Gabrynowicz’s flavors are strong and intentional. From the salt-cured beets and watermelon radish nestled in my mixed greens salad, to the brilliantly caramelized Brioche Pecan Pie French Toast, every dish felt complete in its conception and execution. Though we couldn’t save room for dessert, Erica’s offer of to-go coffees for all was the sweetest ending I could have asked for.
Treat yourself to a slice of true southern hospitality at this funky, friendly hot spot in downtown Greenville.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We visited Tupelo Honey while vacationing in Greenville. We had the avocado toast as an appetizer while I ordered the fish and chips and my husband ordered the sweet tea brined pork chop. Avocado toast was 4 pieces with a LOT of avocado chunks on top. Plenty for two to share. My fish and chips was a huge serving of 3 pieces of fish, perfectly breaded and fried along with ff and coleslaw. Coleslaw was ok but fish was awesome. Hush puppies were delish but a bit overcooked. My husbands plate had a large pork chop with potatoes. Potatoes were amazing but pork chop was a bit bland. We sat outside on a lovely evening and watched as families and couples walked by - all in all - not somewhere I would HAVE to visit again. Menu was a bit pricey. Service was a bit lacking as biscuits arrived well into our meal (after reminding our server) when originally promised from the start. (although biscuit jelly was awesome)

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

There are several Tupelo Honeys across the South. My husband and I decided to stop at the one in downtown Greenville.

We started with the pimento cheese nachos. The nachos needed a little more chips to them so we had to request extra.

I had the pimento and fried pickle burger with fries and my husband had the fried chicken BLT sandwich with baked Mac and cheese. The fried dill pickles made the burger really good! My husband enjoyed his sandwich as well. It was a lot of food so we definitely didn’t leave hungry.

Our server was pleasant and very attentive. The kitchen was very efficient, and our food got to the table quickly. It was a bit on the pricey side but would go back.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a few days and decided to try this place out based on a friend's recommendation. Though the atmosphere and service were both excellent, the food was extremely overpriced and just not very good. It's not even an execution issue about which you can complain to the server or chef, its just that the price (really high) doesn't match the quality or quantity of food you recieve.

My wife had the pork with grilled peaches over grits, and I had the pimento cheese burger with fried dill pickle chips. The pork was really salty, the peaches definitely weren't grilled, and the grits were bland. The burger was decent...but not worth the $15 that we paid for it. For the price, it should have been really amazing, but it looked and tasted like a "pretty good" fast food burger.
If the food were half the price, I prob would have rated this place 3 (maybe even 4) stars, but I'm not sure that I would return even then.