Water's Edge Inn
Regatta Inn(Folly Beach)
TripAdvisor
Tides Folly Beach(Folly Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshemingway roomfolly punchbreakfast and happy hourscreened in porchhot tubcrab shackgolf cart shuttlebed and breakfasttaco boyour honeymoonpacific roombottle of champagneb and bgas fireplaceshort walk to the beachlarge bathroombike rentals
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Just spent several days at the Inn with good friends. As always, a wonderful experience. Cozy, comfortable rooms, lovely happy hour with appetizers, tasty hot breakfast, and a staff dedicated to providing you with the best stay. We are planning another visit late spring when we will bring our adult childten and spouses. Can't wait to stay in one of the villas. The town is quaint and just 3 blocks to the beach. Rita's is a terrific place for a casual lunch. Best part is the proximity to Charleston. We love having dinner in the city and Uber is just $15 each way. We travel extensively but Water's Edge is just 2 hours from home and a real treasure. This is now our go to getaway!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phillie1
WatersEdgeInn_12, General Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2016

Thank you phillie1 for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you and your friends enjoyed our happy hour, hot breakfast, and our friendly staff! It is wonderful that you found our location to be convenient to both Center Street and the downtown historic Charleston district. We are honored to hear that you have chosen us as your new "go to getaway." We are pleased to hear that you plan to return again with family and are interested in booking a private Villa. We always extend a 10% discount for all return guests and we hope to see you in the Spring!

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We just purchased a house on Folly Beach but the house needs work so I could not stay there for the weekend. I called The Tides hotel thinking I wanted to stay on the beach. Luckily they had no availability and I was recommended to The Water's Edge Inn. The Inn only had to rooms available and I at the time just needed a room for the weekend. I really had no idea what I was about to partake in with this beautiful, amazing Inn... As I arrived and walked up the stairs to check in I was met with a warm and cozy feeling and they were also serving wine and cheese!!! I got my keys for The Charleston room which as I described it was like a mini apartment. I walked into this big beautiful room with a soaking tub and the most heavenly of all beds. It was beyond perfect!!! That evening I had a small dinner and the night was so lovely I sat outside with my wine listening to Jimmy Buffett in the Palm Trees. What an amazing start to a beautiful weekend. The breakfast in the morning was very tasty and the staff we're all warm and happy to talk about the Inn and give suggestions on what to do for the weekend. I stayed 2 nights and could have easily stayed for more if the time allowed. I felt pampered and felt as though I was staying in a 5 star hotel but this was better!! I will be back already planning a girls trip to stay again in The Charleston!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindi P
WatersEdgeInn_12, General Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Thank you Cindi P for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you were impressed with your overall stay! It is wonderful that the TIDES recommended us to you as well! We are pleased that you enjoyed our happy hour and breakfast. It is great to hear that all of our staff took great care of you and you enjoyed the relaxing amenities of The Charleston room! Congratulations on your new home purchase too! We hope you can return again soon for another getaway or please send your friends our way when they come visit you!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Took a chance with this place based on web site and reviews - and were not disappointed. The room was great, staff warm & inviting, location perfect (5 minute walk to beach or 20 minute drive to Meeting Street in Charleston), and area totally friendly. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grant G
WatersEdgeInn_12, General Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Thank you Grant G for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us! We are so thrilled that you were pleasantly surprised and not in the slight bit disappointed in your stay with us! It is wonderful that you enjoyed our convenient location to the beach and historic Charleston, were taken great care of by out friendly staff, and found the room to be relaxing!!! We are pleased that the previous reviews convinced you to stay with us and you were satisfied and will hopefully return!! We always extend a 10% discount for all return guests and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Water's Edge is a beautifully quaint bed and breakfast within walking distance to Folly Beach's shopping, restaurants, and the beach. The staff is incredible, and in particular, Abby, Emily, and Alma made our stay especially memorable. We loved the full, home-cooked breakfast every morning between 8 and 10, as well as happy hour from 5 to 7. Our room, The Pacific, was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Note: There are stairs only, no elevator, so be prepared, especially if you're on the top floor.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DRTX3
WatersEdgeInn_12, General Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you OurTexasFamily for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed our location to the center of town and the beach. It is wonderful to hear that our staff including Abby, Emily, and Alma took especially great care of you to make your stay more enjoyable. We are thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary happy hour and breakfast as well as the relaxing atmosphere of The Pacific room. We hope you can return again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2016

From the time we arrived through the time we checked out, the staff were extremely friendly and quite simply, amazing. The place was clean and well maintained. The amenities such as happy hour and breakfast made our stay all the much better. Very close to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tdudley01

Thank you tdudley01 for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of you recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our friendly staff took great care of you! It is wonderful that you enjoyed the relaxing rooms, our location to the beach, and our daily complimentary happy hour and breakfast. We hope you can return again soon!