“Great breakfast buffet!”
Review of The Palmetto Cafe

The Palmetto Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palmetto Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,017 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Hassel Street
Description: The AAA Four-Diamond Palmetto Cafe offers a tranquil, garden-like setting perfect for breakfast, lunch or weekend brunch. This casual, yet elegant restaurant features a lush courtyard complete with circular bronze fountain and impeccably kept gardens, perfect for enjoying nice weather.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice place. I thought we were going to a small cafe where you feel perfect in an old T-shirt and yoga pants. This isn’t really that place...It doesn’t feel very casual, but the food is great and no one really cares anyway.

I usually don’t eat at buffets, but this one is exceptional. It very elegant like you are in your own gourmet kitchen. It’s clean, no food droppings, and it’s yummy!

Our server was Hussan and he was excellent, nothing was overlooked. He gave us tips on restaurants that were at our destination.

I felt bad later for thinking it was too nice for us just bumming around in the morning, I’m glad I didn’t miss this place.

The hotel it’s in is very nice with shopping on the first floor. I would definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 25 August 2018

As always, we had a wonderful lunch here, with excellent bread, superb she crab soup, and the most friendly and efficient service one could hope for.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I've been here on two separate trips to Charleston, first as a guest of this hotel. I still think about those pancakes! So good! The service is always wonderful. Absolutely go!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff. Best chicken salad I’ve ever had — along with a yummy Cosmopolitan! My husband had shrimp tacos that he thoroughly enjoyed!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Perfect first day in Charleston- get a reservation, we were happy not to wait. The staff was very nice, food was great. We will come back again before leaving town!

Date of visit: July 2018