Review Highlights
Spring Break Fishing

Captain Gates is fantastic! My granddaughters are still talking about fishing with Gates. He knows... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Experience822010
Lexington, North Carolina
Awesome Experience

Captain Gates is awesome, had 3 kids and 2 adults, he was very patient with children and engaged... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
brianjV9263XV
Hilton Head, South Carolina

All reviews caught fish trout caught multiple equal parts true passion sting ray an absolute blast local wildlife great trip lemon sharks amazing experience folly beach charleston area paths onshore species captain
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2021

Had a great time with Gates yesterday. Looking forward to catching more Reds and exploring the Low Country again someday.

Date of experience: February 2021
Gates R, Owner at Tall Tide Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Scott,
Thanks for your review! It was my pleasure having you guys aboard.

I too look forward to going after them again with you one day in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2021

If you made a list of things you'd want in the captain of your fishing charter, Gates checks every single box. Super-knowledgeable -- not only about fishing -- but about low-country wildlife in general. You know from the moment you step on his boat, that his only objective of the day is making your trip as enjoyable as possible. And since that likely includes catching fish -- you're in luck. In a month where it's really hit or miss, he put us on reds within the first thirty minutes. He was equal parts encouraging and patient (I'd bring my kids in a second), For someone who does this day in and day out, it's amazing how excited he gets when running up on a school of fish. His guidance and company really made our trip. This is your only stop for charter fishing in the Lowcountry.

Date of experience: February 2021

Thank you for your review, G! I truly do love what I do, and I especially enjoy I sharing my love of the Lowcountry with others.

It was a banner day to be on the water. Thanks for coming out with me.

Reviewed 2 December 2020

Gates is knowledgeable, patient and friendly. He put us on fish and showed us how to catch them. He is equal parts guide and naturalist. You will leave with fish (cleaned!) and a better understanding of the environment. His equipment is excellent. The boat was clean, the motor ran quiet, and the rods and reels looked new to me. Finally, importantly, he learned and used our first names - all six of us! - and spoke as if we had been fishing together for many years. What else could you possibly ask for in a guide? We are coming back next summer for shark.

Date of experience: November 2020
Gates R, Owner at Tall Tide Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2020

Thanks for the review, Quest! I enjoyed spending the morning with you and your family. It was fun for the captain, too!

Reviewed 15 November 2020

Captain Gates was amazing! The entire family had the time of our lives! He not only took us to great fishing spots but we went deep hole shrimping, dolphin watching and took us around to see the wind surfers.

He was incredibly nice and patient and a very funny guy! Definetly recommend!

Thanks Gates!!!

Date of experience: November 2020
Gates R, Owner at Tall Tide Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Thanks for the review, Angela! I enjoyed spending the afternoon with you and your family.

Reviewed 31 October 2020

Captain Gates was everything and more! Consummate professional, excellent teacher and hilariously funny! I’m a complete beginner - literally, never have I even seen a fishing pole before this trip - and he helped me with FOUR FISH! It would be impossible to count the magical moments on our excursion - 5 MILLION STARS!

Date of experience: October 2020
Gates R, Owner at Tall Tide Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2020

I enjoyed spending the afternoon with both of you! Thanks for the review!