“Nice Interior with Mediocre Buffet”

Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Rumford
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

This Hibachi Grill has a large buffet for a very reasonable price, but the food quality was not the best. The vegetables did not taste fresh, and the seafood was dry.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The food was not appealing in the buffets. Once chosen, the food was dry and....not appetizing! The restaurant put no effort in to decorating the buffet at all. The man that was behind the hibachi grill didn't speak any english and it was impossible to communicate with him. Evidently, I was to put the raw foods I would chose on my plate, hand the plate to him and he would cook it, then return to the same plate I had the raw food on. Very unsanitary and a perfect set up for food poisoning. The only item that was good, surprisingly so....was my drink....a cosmopolitan.
However, I will never return to this place.

Date of visit: April 2014
1  Thank sjwbigcats
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have never had a buffet like this before! We did visit on a Sunday which is their largest variety of items day. They advertise an abundance of seafood and they are not kidding! In the hour we were there, a constant stream of people were arriving, but, you never felt like you were amongst a crowd and steam trays never emptied. Wait staff would fill the pans as items got low. Your choices were from soup to dessert, sushi to ham and everything in-between. Wonderfully prepared quahogs of all sizes, salmon, shrimp, crab and more. Ham, roast beef, and lets not leave out chicken prepared in more ways than you could imagine. Traditional Chinese and Japanese dishes, stir-fries to order all made to perfection. This is one buffet you will e at your money's worth for it is very reasonable. Let me put it this way, on a Sunday late afternoon, 4 adults, who are very good eaters, ate all they wanted to eat for well under $55. We will be returning to this place.

Date of visit: March 2014
2  Thank GraniteWay
Reviewed 31 January 2014

- 5/5 Overall - This chinese buffet beats all others in Pawtucket, East Providence, and Rumford in terms of environment, food quality, selections, and value.

- 5/5 Location & Environment - Located in a shopping plaza, ample parking, plenty of stores around to walk off the feast. Modern red, black, and gold theme, well decorated, three seating areas with plenty of space.

- 4/5 Food - Awesome for seafood lovers (Clams, crabs (seasonal), mussels, crayfish, salmon, tilapia, shrimp), lunch sushi is decent, dinner sushi is what I go for, the hot chinese food selection is unique and delicious, the hibachi grill allows you to create your own dish that the chefs will cook for you on the spot.

- 5/5 Service - Smiles, polite, decent English, professionally dressed, and very kid friendly. Quick to clear plates and refill drinks.

- 5/5 Value - $7 lunch, $10 M-Th Dinner, $11 Fr-Sat Dinner / Sun Brunch and Dinner, can NOT beat that price for the quality and selection of food you're getting!

Final Words: I visit once a month, highly recommended!

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to try this place as we have never been. We liked the inside decor it looked nice and modern, although it was disappointing the waterfall by the entrance wasn't working... There is a fairly large selection of items and some non Chinese items mixed in here and there. The food itself was about average with some good items and then some that after a bite i had to spit out... One of the 10 types of chicken tasted like the liquid that leaks from garbage trucks...

Overall I am not sure if I'd come back since there are a few Chinese buffets closer by to my home but it is worth a try if you have never been.

Date of visit: November 2013