Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$55
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/02/22
Expedia
Agoda.comUS$55
Snaptravel
FindHotel
All reviews room was clean front desk highway microwave wilkes
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2021

This is a good Red Roof location with a scenic view of the town of Wilkes-Barre and surrounding mountains. I won't go into detail about the room except to say it's typical Red Roof quality and that's a good thing. The two things that stand out about this location is the blazing fast WiFi speed and the strong shower water pressure. The WiFi is just crazy fast, like 200 Mbps, which means you can surf the Web and watch all your Netflix and YouTube stuff with no stuttering. The shower head produces a very strong spray of water, which is very refreshing compared to the paltry weak spray you get at other hotels.

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2021

1st visit since Dec2019. Physical plant maintained a bit better, clients seem nicer. Works well for us. Shower water was a little cool. Grounds are well maintained. Folks wore masks, as appropriate. Checkin restricted to night window, a plus.Location is convenient. Plan on staying again. Ask for valley view room - quieter.

Room tip: Request valley view room, upgrade from base room worth the money
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 19 November 2020

Room was clean - beds comfortable - microwave/refrigerator - tv had many channels. Very quiet for being near a highway. Check in/out easy - employees polite - rates reasonable. Have stayed before and will stay again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 25 March 2020 via mobile

Do not stay here. I was treated horribly by the staff and my room was a mess. My shower in my bathroom did not work at all. The plumbing was bad and instead of the water coming out of the shower head it came down through the ceiling and onto the floor. It was a complete mess. When I called management to let them know what had happened the assistant manager blamed it on me. “There is nothing we can do for you” were his exact words. So because of this inconvenience I couldn’t shower after driving 10 hours and about to drive another 10. Horrible experience and a complete waste of money.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank annastravels9
apatel139, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2020

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the RED ROOF INN WILKES-BARRE ARENA.

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

We have stayed at Red Roof Inns in the past and have been very pleased. Check in here was seamless. When we saw our room we were very disappointed. Very small, strong odour, no fridge or microwave, no hair dryer, 2 bath towels that were dirty and stained. We asked to switch rooms and were told no because we had not booked directly. There was no breakfast included as in our stays in the past but this was my mistake for not reading the fine print. I hope that you have better luck with your stay than we did with ours.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet H
patelandy139, Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

We are sorry that your stay at this location didn't go as pleasant as we would have liked. The room that was reserved for your stay was our most economical room. Standard Rooms have no microwave or fridge, hair dryers can be picked up at our front desk as well as irons and ironing boards. Unfortunately this location has never included a breakfast. Thank you for staying with us at our Wilkes Barre location. We hope you'd give us another chance in the near future.