Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
Trip.com
Snaptravel
All reviews separate bedroom tgi fridays front desk pool and hot tub stove pet
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2021

I and my wife checked in the evening. The front desk lady was nice and welcoming. The room was large, kitchen with a big fridge, separate bedroom. One light bulb not working, no security anty break-in device on the door (missing). One chair stained, another torn. After a long trip, we did not immediately sense the small in the room, as the AC was on but after 10 minutes my wife said there is no way she could sleep here. I could also feel the somewhat intense smell. Marihuana, stained old carpet, something else, I do not know. But there was no way to sleep there. I booked on the internet Hampton Inn and we left the room. The nice lady at the front desk asked why are we leaving so fast... By the way, hallways were noisy, at almost 11 PM some people hanging out at the entrance, not sure why would they gather there or where they came from. I expected better accommodation based on the overall reviews. My recomendation is to find alternative hotel inthe area.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank HoweDZZY
Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

My husband and I rented one of their overpriced Jacuzzi rooms for our anniversary and were disappointed in every way possible. The girl who checked us in was very nice once we made our way to the counter through several people who live at this hotel who were loitering around asking for things. Unfortunately, she failed to let us know that the pool was closed, WiFi was down and air conditioning was broken in several rooms, so after charging us $176 for one night, sent us up to our room which had no air conditioning during a heat wave.This was on June 30th 2021 which was the third day of 90 degree temperatures in Wilkes-Barre. The heat hit us like a brick wall as soon as we walked into the room, it was not liveable. The room had a tiny area with an ancient stove and refrigerator. The bed was a king size and appeared nice enough, the jacuzzi appeared clean and would comfortably fit 2 people. The bathroom was basic and the door did not shut all the way in order to lock it. It was certainly not worth the $149 they were charging but I could have overlooked it and enjoyed myself if the air conditioning at least worked. We go back down to reception and the girl says our room was not on her list of rooms that had no air conditioning. I am not sure how housekeeping could have cleaned the room and not reported it had no air conditioning. After several back and forths and no suitable remedy, she agreed to refund the room so we could go elsewhere that was at least liveable. However, my credit card later sends me a notice that they tried to charge another $176 to my card and it is now 4 days later they still have not credited my card. These people not only did everything in their power to ruin my anniversary but they are thieves. Fortunately I was able to get a king room at the Fairfied Inn behind TGI Fridays and in the same area as this hotel that was 1000% better than this one. There is no reason anyone should rent a room here when they could rent one at the Fairfied. This hotel is full of scumbags and is very low class. The manager even called me around 1pm on the day of check-in to verify I was still coming, and for some reason failed to tell us the pool and hot tub were closed, the WiFi was down and many rooms had no air conditioning, that is straight up deceptive and irresponsible. If I confirmed that I was still coming, why didn't she confirm that the air was working in the room before charging my credit card? Also she said everything gets charged to your card at 6pm whether you are there or not, so beware of that as well. The manager was also the one who supposedly credited my card when in reality she recharged me. Now I am out $176 on a holiday weekend due to her incompetence. I can and will fight the charge with my credit card company but I should not have to. They should never had charged my card to begin with without verifying the room was liveable and they promised me a refund. Do not reserve a room here for any reason and if you do, make sure you check the room before letting them charge your card. This place is also a security risk. The windows on the third floor open all the way, so a child could easily fall to their deaths. There are all kinds of men loitering in the lobby and outside making comments to everyone. And if they rent a room to someone with a medical condition with no air-conditioning they could actually kill them, they really should be shut down for good.

Room tip: Be sure to check the room before letting them charge your card
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 387kristiw
Reviewed 24 May 2020

The place is clean, great price & if Lisa is at the front desk ur in great hands but the place overall I'm coming back & I hope the pandemic is over so I can get in the pool.Plus stores for almost anything close by you can't lose.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 10 May 2020 via mobile

Lisa an older lady who works in front desk had a terrible attitude with my boyfriend and following day with me on the phone over us telling her how house keeping left our prior room dirty. No exaggeration here, bathroom has poop stains on the bathroom door and outdoor edge of the door, also boyfriend found sunflower seeds hiding on the edges of the carpet by the bathroom door in room 105. Also I found an orange sitting on the bottom of curtains that must have been sitting there for weeks because it was dry and hard. Room 205 had no working light for the bathroom good thing my boyfriend is a handyman and fixed it. Never ever coming here again; and definitely don’t suggest it either for anyone!!!!! Mind you boyfriend owns his own business and I am also a college Business Administration recent graduate, I can only imagen if this was the Hotel District/ Manager who had found this mess. With all this said there is no attention to covid 19 here except the rule of the mask and breakfast served in lunch bags which also rated very poorly.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2020

The rooms was great, spacious suite with small kitchen. Clean rooms and warm atmosphere. The parking was packed with three hotels sharing the parking spaces. Some want incovenent to have to walk especially in the rain. However, it was centrally located and many restaurants and shopping in the area. Great if you are attending an event in the arena. 2 minutes away.

Date of stay: March 2020