Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
Snaptravel
All reviews great stay stores and restaurants room was clean complimentary breakfast would stay here again the breakfast area convenient location business trip oatmeal front desk staff inns lobby highway arena refrigerator funeral chain
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2021

My wife and I were traveling to Virginia. We made reservations at the Hampton Inn to reduce the amount of travel in a day.
Access to the hotel was very easy from Interstate 81.
Room was comfortable and clean.
Reception personnel (Eddie) made us feel welcome and assisted in helping us find a nice place for dinner.
Great place. Highly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank Thomas A
Jeff Foster, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre / Scranton, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2021

Thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed this most recent visit to our Hampton Inn & Suites in Wilkes-Barre. Your feedback is always helpful for us to discover opportunities for improvement in our service and accommodations. We understand the increased concerns when traveling these days and insure you our goal remains for each of our guests to experience a “perfect & safe stay”

I am happy to hear you found this recent visit with us enjoyable and hope to see you whenever your travels bring you back our way. It takes a team and I am very fortunate to work with such a dedicated group. I am proud to hear we may have helped make your visit with us a bit more enjoyable. I will be sure to share your observations with Ed and our entire team.
Best Wished to you and your family for a Happy Holiday Season!

Reviewed 12 October 2021

Simple accommodations with a large bathroom, desk and King bed. We Felt everything was very clean. Bedding was very comfortable and the lobby coffee was hot and strong- complimentary breakfast was better than expected and very convenient.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 1 October 2021

It was clean and the staff fine. The fixtures all worked and it was in good shape. The bed was a rock. We woke up feeling bruised. The breakfast was minimal and dull. No attempt to maintain any social distancing. Overpriced. We won’t repeat there.

Reviewed 20 September 2021

Ed, the desk clerk on Sept 17 went above and beyond when we had an emergency during our stay. He was calm and efficient, calling an ambulance and staying with my friend until the ambulance arrived and then procuring a taxi for me to go to the hospital.

1  Thank RWG1011
Reviewed 16 September 2021

This was #2 of our 3 Hampton Inn stays while traveling to and from New England. The gentleman that checked us in told us he was giving us a room with a magnificent sunset view. We were thrilled to see delicious chocolate chip cookies for guests, it had been another long day on the road.
As we were contemplating dinner choices I looked up and was wowed! He wasn't kidding, what a view, it was absolutely beautiful! My husband and I couldn't believe our eyes as we watched the sun set over the mountains. The room was your normal, clean Hampton Inn room but the view made it great. Plenty of stores and restaurants nearby, the hotel is in a great location.
When we got back from dinner and the nearby Wegman's we stopped as we passed through the lobby for a few more cookies.

The next morning there wasn't any water coming into the hotel, not a drop. We called the front desk they told us a water main had broken and didn't know when there would be water.
My husband went downstairs to get coffee, there was some breakfast but what was surprising was that no one from the Hampton Inn made an effort to let people know what was going on, no one knew until they tried to use water.
The toilets weren't working right, if we had a message on our room phone notifying us of the problem we could have moved faster in the morning knowing it would be difficult to get ready. No one offered or left at our doors: water bottles to brush our teeth and wash up, extra towels or anything to help. I'm sure we weren't the only ones who had to be back on the road or had plans that day, it was Friday of Labor Day Weekend.
The water main break was no fault of the hotel however we would have expected the hotel to reach out to assist their guests and do the best they could given the situation but instead it felt like a shrug of the shoulders and a nothing we can do response. There certainly wasn't a problem billing us in full at $157.12. Disappointed to say the least.

Date of stay: September 2021
Jeff Foster, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre / Scranton, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2021

Thank you for informing us of the experiences while visiting our Hampton Inn & Suites in Wilkes-Barre. Comments such as yours are very helpful to discover where improvements can be made to our service and accommodations.
I apologize your recent visit being anything less than perfect. After reviewing your feedback following your visit, I can see we certainly could have made your visit much more enjoyable. This is truly not the memory we were hoping you would take home with you.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and hope you might consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you back our way. We would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves.