Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$235
View deal
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
1,339 results
All reviews wine hour rooftop bar bird cage soaking tub living room restaurant downstairs mini bar front desk staff beautiful hotel upon check this past weekend bed was very comfortable strip district william penn heinz field valet eclectic
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Kimpton welcome was warm. We too had reserved a lovely corner room. Its decor, especially the lighting was artful. Our bathroom, shower and soaking tub were beautiful as well.
Coffee was served in the lobby every morning at ~ 0730 on weekends. White or red wine pour hour was nightly at 5. We tried a bit of it all, and enjoyed the quiet 2nd Floor sitting area immensely while sipping.
That said, we found the soaking tub water never got above lukewarm temperature despite a requested service visit.
The mattress was very (overly?) soft. I found sleep uncomfortable.
Additionally, the apparent lack of an adequate exhaust bathroom fan left our lightly used towels damp, the room humid and my hair limp. A room dehumidifier was a good temporary solution (thanks, Emily).
But, at this comparatively high price point my expectations, sadly were not met.
I hope this otherwise wonderful, well located hotel will be able to focus on some of these issues so other might enjoy all that the Monaco Pittsburgh has to offer.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank VaporK8
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your honest and detailed feedback. We strive to go above and beyond for all of our guests, and I am glad to hear that we hit the mark in some aspects of your stay. However, I am disappointed to hear about the multiple technical issues that prevented you from having a truly excellent experience during your time with us. I will certainly follow up with our engineering department regarding the water issue with your soaking tub, as well as the humidity that accumulated in the restroom. We will also test out the Mattress in your room to ensure that it is still up to standard, and if it is not, we will replace it. I completely understand how these issues could prevent your stay from meeting the expectations you had set for us. I hope that you will give us another chance to make a great first impression whenever your travels bring you back to the Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 10 May 2021

We stayed here previously; our satisfaction lead us back again. Spacious room with super friendly staff. Special kudos to the valet team; our car was around front before we could make it downstairs, and they were so friendly, thoughtful and helpful. Will we return? Absolutely.

Date of stay: May 2021
3  Thank Debra R
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Thanks so much for your great review, Debra! I am so happy to hear that you chose to return to our property because you loved it so much the first time. Our team and I strive to provide a welcoming and worthwhile experience for all of our guests, and it is great to hear that you experienced that both times you stayed with us. I will definitely pass on your wonderful comments to our Valet team as well.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we will see you again the next time your travels bring you to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 3 May 2021

We (2 adults, 2 children 10 & 7) stayed for 4 nights over the kids spring break. The hotel is very convenient to local attractions. The front desk staff was very welcoming. Most importantly, the front desk staff were extremely accommodating throughout our stay.

The room itself was a very comfortable size for the 4 of us. We were concerned about noise levels, but it was very quiet. Overall, it was a great stay and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room tip: Valet is expensive, but the garage across the street is great
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank WhoNeedsAName

Thanks so much for your excellent review, WhoNeedsAName! I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed staying with us and exploring everything that Pittsburgh has to offer. I am also happy to hear that the team made you feel welcomed and that the room was large enough to accommodate the four of you comfortably.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, the service was incredible! Emily checked me in and was very friendly throughout the process. She offered great recommendations as this was my first time in Pittsburgh. The room itself was perfect - very cute with an Art Deco vibe! The hotel is in a super centralized location and within walking distance to plenty of bars/restaurants/attractions. I had drinks at The Commoner both nights before I went out and Anthony & Ryan were great!! They were so fun to chat with and super hospitable. Darian with the Valet team was awesome as well - extremely polite and professional!

Overall I’d highly recommend this hotel if you’re planning a trip to Pittsburgh. I can’t say enough good things about the hotel and the staff

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rm11301
Aasim Khan, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2021

Thank you so much for the kind feedback! It is always great to hear when one of our team members provides truly exceptional service. Emily is a rock star and is very knowledgeable about the city, so I am glad to hear that she was able to help you find some recommendations. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the vibe and the location of the hotel, as we are really close to everything you would want to see! We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the Burgh! - Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 April 2021

I have stayed at this property in Pittsburgh, Pa. (Monaco) many times. This visit was even more exemplary due to the anxiety around Covid-19. The hotel staff quickly made us feel secure and by their actions (cleanliness and attention to health protocols) we knew this stay would be safe!
At check-in at the Front Desk we met Connor. He was very professional in appearance and manner. He was exemplary. Matt was the bellman who also walked our little dog, Stella. He was great. Ben and D were the Valet's on duty. Again, a real credit to the hotel. Lastly, Jenny, who was everywhere doing everything, was fabulous. If every hotel could be like the Hotel Monaco in Pittsburgh, traveling would be a pleasure. Staffing is such an important part in the success of a property and clearly, this hotel has hit a home run. This is a 5 Star in my book. Can't wait to return!

Room tip: The Suites are worth the upgrade!
Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank ritab442

Thank you so much for the great feedback! Although our Unique style and Ecclectic design make us stand out, our team members such as Connor, Matt, Ben, D, and Jenny are Rockstar's who make this hotel truly special. I am also glad to hear that the COVID-19 protocols in place made you feel safe during our stay. Our two biggest concerns are always the safety and comfort of our guests, and I am so happy to hear that we knocked it out of the park on both accounts.

I hope that your travels bring you back to us soon so that we can continue to wow you with our amazing service.

- Aasim Khan, Front Office Manager