“Nice as take out szechuan food”
Review of Hunan Bar

Hunan Bar
Ranked #658 of 2,394 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We ordered take out, and the food tasted nice...authentic szechuan food. The portions were a bit small though.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

It’s a bit divey, but I am impressed! I had no idea this place even existed! We had the hot pot buffet and there was no reason that we needed any refills for the 10 of us! It was way more than we could eat for $20/person! If you pay your whole bill in cash they even give you a 5% discount (even though it is against the credit card processing agreement!). Parking is a bit tough as it is in the middle of a college area in the city. Uber there or carpool is probably better. I don’t think the place is wheelchair friendly, but it is authentic! Service was fantastic also!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I went to University of Pittsburgh for a conference and my friends from U Pitt took me there. I ordered the Beef Chili Hot Pot. It was really tasty. The chunks of meat were very soft and tender and seasoned perfectly with spices. The portion served was enough for two people. The price is also quite reasonable. I'll definitely recommend this place for anybody looking for good Chinese food and shall visit again while in that area!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Sunday lunch, place was kind of empty which is great. Service was prompt. this seems to be authentic cuisine. close to be the spiciest food I have ever eaten. I would surely go back but its something you want to eat purely for taste once in 3 months or so, only cause we cant handle the spice that well.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

The food here is very authentic, not americanized. The price is ok. Try the spicy dishes, they are very good