All reviews waffles staff was friendly spent one night here room was clean night's sleep free breakfast myrtle beach older hotel conneaut lake would stay again allegheny college pet cereal microwave laundry lodging canada
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling down to Florida and stayed over night at this "hotel". I got worried, when I saw that the doors for the rooms on the first floor faced outwards .. like bad 70s-style motels! Quality is a misnomer for this hotel brand.

PROS:
Front Desk was friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable.

CONS:
Price was too high for this dated motel-style accommodation (our door was on the outside). The room was not cleaned well from the previous stay. There was a tremendous amount of dust and cobwebs behind the head board; there was pet hair on the bed; there was garbage in the basket that wasn't ours; the carpet was grimy. Lastly, the air conditioner and road noise led to a restless night and poor sleep. We were not well rested for the next days travels.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Whitby-Paul
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Check-in was quick and easy. Room small but fine for us. Hallways and stairwells with new very clean carpet. Maybe new wallpaper on walls. Very clean. Room was clean as well with comfortable chair, microwave and frig. TV was all right but we didn't watch much. WIFI worked very well. Breakfast had hot food and waffles as well as cereal and other cold foods. Close to restaurants.

Room Tip: There should be no problem with any. Small place and all close to elevator
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We have stayed multiple times and never a complaint. Good location for meadville and conneaut lake. Rooms are clean. This is a fluff sentence since they insist on more characters and I still need to type more. Lol

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Our visit was a quick one night of lodging. The staff friendly and seemed attentive to laundry and other duties. Our check-in was quick. Once checked in, we did not go straight to our room. We went out to explore area and grab some dinner. We returned to find the lock bar was pushed outward to hold the door open. We were reluctant to enter the room but did so cautiously. Everything looked intact but my husband mentioned the door being open to the front desk clerk. She explained that sometimes housekeeping forgets to push the bar back and lock door. The beds were hard and used. My husband said he felt bed springs. The pillows were too soft. Double and tripling them was an uncomfortable solution. The heating unit would blow air about every 20 minutes and was a little noisy. Our room faced the road so we could also hear trucks throughout the night. The hotel's location is close to college and places to eat. The room was clean and overall, the price is right for meeting the needs of an overnight traveler.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel last Saturday, when taking my son to Allegheny College to start school. After I showered in average-at-best shower, I got ready for bed late in the evening. When I pulled open my bed to sleep, I found dried blood spots on the coverlet, the comforter, and one side of the inner sheet. I pushed dirty items away from me and slept on the other side of the bed, away from the dried blood spots. I reported this to front desk in the morning, with no real response. I asked to speak with manager who was unavailable. I asked manager to call me and this never happened. I called twice over the following days to ask to speak with manager, April, and she never called me back. Not only was my room unclean with dried blood spots on the bedding, including inner sheet, but the staff showed no empathy or concern for the situation and the manager never called me to rectify. I will not return there.

Room Tip: Check the bedding to make sure it is clean BEFORE settling in to the room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family