“Amazing authentic and tasty Indian cuisine”

Nalan Indian Cuisine
Get food delivered
Ranked #17 of 40 Restaurants in Lemoyne
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Wow - I'd booked on Open Table to eat outside, but there was no outdoor seating. As it was Saturday night and the restaurant was busy with indoor diners - including several large families - I made my dinner a takeout order. I'm so glad I did. I've lived in India and Pakistan and eaten amazing Indian food all over the world (including in Singapore and the UAE), and Nalan is right up there with the very best. I had the veg samosas, coconut curry yellow dal (lentil) soup, spicy shrimp curry, and an order of garlic naan. When I came back 35 minutes later to pick up the order, it was fresh and hot, and the bag felt heavy enough for food to feed three people. The samosas were perfect: thin, almost buttery (ghee?) but not oily pastry with just the right amount of fragrant potatoes and veg inside; creamy, medium-spicy curry with plenty of juicy shrimp (if they were frozen, they're the best frozen shrimp I've had); and thin but perfectly oven-baked garlic naan. The rice was high-quality basmati. So, so good - if you're lucky enough to be living in - or visiting - the greater Harrisburg area, do give Nalan a try. I'm sure glad I did, and I'll be back. Yum.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed 21 October 2020

Discovered this place by accident. My wife and I ordered chicken tikka masala and onion Kulcha. Both were perfectly prepared and (for the first time) receive 5 stars for Indian food in southern PA. (Finally) Reasonable prices too! We will be back!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 19 October 2020

This was a chance discovery. My wife and I decided to give it a try and ordered Chicken Tikka Masala and Onion Kulcha. The seasoning and spices were PERFECT... absolutely delicious, and the onion kulcha was moist and flavorful. This is now our favorite Indian restaurant in the Harrisburg-Mechanicsburg-Camp Hill Area. Prices were very reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2020