Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott HotelsUS$170
Hotels.comUS$170
Agoda.comUS$170
ExpediaUS$170
TripadvisorUS$170
FindHotel
1,564 results
All reviews convention center valet parking self park central market rooftop bar m club concierge lounge front desk beautiful hotel dance competition hotel restaurant room key amish country indoor pool elevator lobby plough
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2022

For the price you pay this place was overwhelmingly disappointing! The bell hop Don was the highlight of our visit. He was kind, helpful, and respectful. I cannot say much about the other customer service. Upon checking in, I was told the room I reserved was not available and wanted to know if I would take the two double bed room. I did not agree and they moved me to an upgraded version of the original room reserved. The city view from our room was great,(pic included) however for what you pay for the supposed upscale accommodations, why were there cobwebs in the corners of the room? (Pic included) Once calling down to express our concern, it took approximately 25 mins for Someone to come remove them. We chose to have a drink at the downstairs rest./bar: Overpriced with pompous and rude bartenders. We had reservations at the rooftop bar. Very great atmosphere, but again the overpriced drinks were not worth the price you pay. (And you better make reservations, they advertises walk ins… this is mot true). You also are sat at a long fireside table facing other parties at the same table . I found this odd to be face to face with with strangers. But the table with fire was gorgeous(pic included). Only after asking them to light the coals at dark toward the end of our time did we get to see this. disappointingly had no crown royal at either bars on site. The server Nate at the rooftop bar, the Exchange, was sweet and gave great service. High Five to Nate! ….If you are expecting a breakfast included in your stay, forget it! Nothing included in your original rate charged other than corner cobwebs and rude front desk and bartenders. Again, if not for our interaction with Don and Nate I would have nothing nice to say about the accommodations but the very cool sliding bathroom door and pretty evening city view.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2022

1st the room had not been stocked well. 1 wash cloth and no coffee creamers. There was a festival going on in the square and it was extremely noisy to try to get to sleep before midnight. The restaurant is way overpriced and minimal in selections. The TV had a lot of premium channels but not many local ones. The A/C did not work well at all. we were quite toasty and did not need to use any covers. Would not stay again

Date of stay: June 2022
AdamShemas_DOPS, General Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your feedback, Debbie.

We're disappointed your time with us was anything less than perfect. We care deeply about the comfort and satisfaction of our guests so we regret that our features and amenities didn't meet your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your concerns. We'll be sure to address this with the appropriate members of our team so that we may improve moving forward.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more enjoyable experience with you soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2022

I'll be honest, I was nervous about staying here given some of the reviews I read prior to arrival. I'm so glad I took a chance because my stay was great! The hotel was busy with weddings and there was a line to check in--the reception desk had 3 employees working and the line moved swiftly. Room was clean, updated, and very comfortable. I will say the Marriott brand's choice of pillows could be better--they look nice and fluffy, but flatten almost immediately! Not a critique of this hotel specifically, these pillows are in other Marriott hotels I've stayed. Had a little difficulty with signage--a sign to the M club and hotel breakfast location would be helpful. Enjoyed the Plough bar and there was a nice assortment of beers on tap. Both nights, the bar was busy.

Overall, this location is great and perfect for walking around. Don at the Bell Service was a pleasure, even though he seemed to be working alone and was very busy with arrivals. He was smiling and very helpful.

Would definitely return to this hotel for future trips to Lancaster.

Date of stay: June 2022
AdamShemas_DOPS, General Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Thanks for the great review!

We're delighted to hear that you had such an outstanding experience with our team at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square! It's wonderful that Don provided you with such great service - that's what we like to hear! We'd love to host you again soon for another incredible experience!

Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

We were looking forward to our stay here for a family wedding. We were so disappointed. It was packed with visitors for 4 weddings and a dance competition. Not Bonvoy members, we had to pay for everything - internet, breakfast, parking . . . and our room was never cleaned during our stay.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank K2417ACjosephf
AdamShemas_DOPS, General Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

We appreciate your feedback, Joseph.

It's unfortunate you had such challenges during your time with us. We're disheartened that our amenities and services offered weren't up to par with your expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard so we'll discuss your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope for the chance to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 11 May 2022

The hotel looks promising from the outside, and the lobby is impressive. The only compliment I can give this hotel is the staff in the Starbucks are nice. Everything else was subpar. There was a very obvious blood stain on the duvet in my room. I requested more pillows and got a call two hours later that they had no extra pillows. Turns out they did, just not foam pillows. All of the preceding issues would just drop this hotel down to mediocre. I am giving one star (terrible!) based on two things I found intolerable: the staff in the bar/lounge is beyond dismissive and there was an extremely loud prom going on the night we stayed, with music until 1am and screaming for quite a while after. Presumably for an event on site they have some control over volume, but if you can hear the music on the sixth floor, that’s unacceptable.

Room tip: Stay at a different hotel
Date of stay: May 2022
AdamShemas_DOPS, General Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2022

Thank you for your feedback.

We're disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience with us. We are dedicated to providing our guests with quality service and clean accommodations. It's unfortunate to know that you felt we could have done a better job, but we're confident that we can provide you with a more positive experience in the future.

We'd love to host you again and give you the wonderful experience we have become known for here.